Utility disconnection upcoming

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Preetip
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Preetip » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:38 pm

My husband and I are both unemployed at the moment and we have an electric bill that is due on Monday 8/30 or they will disconect on Tues. We have a 13 month old living with us. Can you please tell me where to go to get help. Haven't had to do this before. Thanks for you time.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:12 am

When people ask for help with utility and power bills I need to know the state and power / utility company you use. Each company and area has there own disconnection assistance programs, and there is not one main answer for how to stop or reverse the disconnection of your utility or energy service.
Preetip wrote:My husband and I are both unemployed at the moment and we have an electric bill that is due on Monday 8/30 or they will disconect on Tues. We have a 13 month old living with us. Can you please tell me where to go to get help. Haven't had to do this before. Thanks for you time.

MarryM
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by MarryM » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

My electric ervice was shut off today and i am a single mother in emergency need to help with this. I work two jobs but i am trying to catch up from losing my job and paying bills as i can. I live in Green Bay Wisconsin. I wont be able to pay the bill til like middle of sept. I have no extra cash to make it until then. I need help please asap!!!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 am

In Green Bay and Brown County there are programs that can help with bills. More info is here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Also try calling the The Green Bay Salvation Army Emergency Services ((920) 497-7053) or maybe St. Vincent de Paul's Personal Service Center (PSC), and there phone number is (920) 432-2579.
MarryM wrote:My electric ervice was shut off today and i am a single mother in emergency need to help with this. I work two jobs but i am trying to catch up from losing my job and paying bills as i can. I live in Green Bay Wisconsin. I wont be able to pay the bill til like middle of sept. I have no extra cash to make it until then. I need help please asap!!!

Mikey1
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Mikey1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 am

We need help NOW! Our power is in danger of being shut off TODAY and being disconnected. We need assistance of $250 to pay to Progress Energy or they will shut off our power TODAY DEC. 16, 2010 so they do not disconnect the power. I have a 1 year old grandson in the home and he will suffer. WE NEED HELP TODAY IMMEDIATELY!! PLEASE SEND A REPLY ASAP! The state is FLORIDA. NEW PORT RICHEY FLORIDA

TracMaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by TracMaz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm

I need help ASAP on paying my electric bill i never ask for help unless i have to never got anyone to pay any of my bills try to do it on my own but now i got two babies under the age of two and im a full time worker have been at the same job for 3 and a half years just a slow winter i need some assistance in paying my electric bill they are shutting it off Tuesday Jan. 4 2011 if i dont pay in full $289 im trying to make the money to do it but its not looking like its going to happen cant get it shut of or disconnected as my babies need heat i dont have any family around here to stay thank you -----St. Louis Missouri

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 am

Here is a significant amount of information and details on assistance programs in St. Louis. Even you have kids or babies you are more than likely to be able to qualify for some type of aid. While a listing is here
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/st_ ... grams.html

You can find places like Highland Area Christian Ministry (618) 654-9295 or the Society of St. Vincent De Paul of St. Louis (314) 531-2183.
Both offer extensive utility, housing, and other emergency financial assistance programs for those in need of help.


TracMaz wrote:I need help ASAP on paying my electric bill i never ask for help unless i have to never got anyone to pay any of my bills try to do it on my own but now i got two babies under the age of two and im a full time worker have been at the same job for 3 and a half years just a slow winter i need some assistance in paying my electric bill they are shutting it off Tuesday Jan. 4 2011 if i dont pay in full $289 im trying to make the money to do it but its not looking like its going to happen cant get it shut of or disconnected as my babies need heat i dont have any family around here to stay thank you -----St. Louis Missouri

LinaS
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:19 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by LinaS » Sat May 07, 2011 12:25 am

My husband works for Harrahs Casino. They are going to be closed for several weeks. We had enough money to pay mays rent and electric and buy food. With the floods cresting he will be layed off for quite awhile. I amon disability and receive $723.oo a month, He will only get basic pay which is about @320.00 a month. Our rent is &23 a month and electric about $130,00 a month, I am not sure to ask for help. We will be evicted if we can't pay the rent this month. We won't need help for more than a couple of months and would pay the money back. Also I am applying for college grants, I hope to never happen again. I will take online courses. My disability is emotional not physical. Please help. I just need information on rental and utility bill assistance programs. I waited and waited for the waiting list for HUD and the one day I didn't look the list was opened and I missed it.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Sat May 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Is that Harrahs in Nevada or Mississippi, as I think they have multiple locations. I am assuming the Vegas / Nevada area. So that being said, here is information on credit and housing HUD counseling agencies in Nevada. They can usually help with housing, eviction prevention, and mortgage assistance programs for the low income and people who need help. They often know of utility programs too. Read about agencies like the Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nev ... unsel.html
LinaS wrote:My husband works for Harrahs Casino. They are going to be closed for several weeks. We had enough money to pay mays rent and electric and buy food. With the floods cresting he will be layed off for quite awhile. I amon disability and receive $723.oo a month, He will only get basic pay which is about @320.00 a month. Our rent is &23 a month and electric about $130,00 a month, I am not sure to ask for help. We will be evicted if we can't pay the rent this month. We won't need help for more than a couple of months and would pay the money back. Also I am applying for college grants, I hope to never happen again. I will take online courses. My disability is emotional not physical. Please help. I just need information on rental and utility bill assistance programs. I waited and waited for the waiting list for HUD and the one day I didn't look the list was opened and I missed it.

Thecall
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:40 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Thecall » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 pm

I owe a total of $424.00 for my Consumers Energy bill and am having a hard time paying it off. The service is currently just about to be turned off off and I would like to ask for assistance to have it turned back on. I am a single parent and each check is going to other bills that need to be paid as well. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Consumers Energy in Michigan does offer a number of financial assistance programs for the low income and needy. A listing of Michigan heating bill programs are on the primary site. Consumer Energy runs the PeopleCare program, in partnership with the Michigan Salvation Army. More details are offered on program.
Thecall wrote:I owe a total of $424.00 for my Consumers Energy bill and am having a hard time paying it off. The service is currently just about to be turned off off and I would like to ask for assistance to have it turned back on. I am a single parent and each check is going to other bills that need to be paid as well. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

NicoleIa
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:05 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by NicoleIa » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 am

I lost my job in may 2011. I did not have enough time to get unemployment. I was on a protection plan with consumers energy. After loosing my job I was not able to continue paying. My payment was 450 a month. I have been shut off since August. I owe 4800.00. I am taking classes and am expecting a refund where I will be able to pay. Close to 1000.00. I have a 11 year old daughter. I do not have family support. My mother is deceased. Can you help me?

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 am

Isn't Consumers Energy in Michigan? If so, here are Electric Bill programs in Michigan. One of the main programs from Consumers Energy is a service called PeopleCare, which is a program of last resort. It will be run by your local Michigan Salvation Army, so will need to call them to apply and get details on how the program will work.
NicoleIa wrote:I lost my job in may 2011. I did not have enough time to get unemployment. I was on a protection plan with consumers energy. After loosing my job I was not able to continue paying. My payment was 450 a month. I have been shut off since August. I owe 4800.00. I am taking classes and am expecting a refund where I will be able to pay. Close to 1000.00. I have a 11 year old daughter. I do not have family support. My mother is deceased. Can you help me?

Jbgood
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Jbgood » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 am

I live in Bullskin Township, Fayette County Pa. My electric is going to be turned off on Oct. 31 and I have no means to pay my bill. I only make about $500 a month and my child support payment is $300. I'm behind on everything I have and I need money to keep my electric on. I've already lost my cell phone, and that's okay, but if I loose my electric, I also loose my ability to run my business in my home and then get I loose more money. Please help me. The local St. Vincent Depaul is giving me $100, but I still need $166 to pay the bill. If you can help me or show me a way to get help, I would greatly appreciate this. Thank You,

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:42 am

Well, great the the St. Vincent Depaul is helping. Call other local charities or churches too. Yes, keep your cell phone off. That is an unnecessary expense if you are struggling with paying your electric bills. Call your utility company and ask about these Pennsylvania utility assistance programs, such as the $1 Energy Fund at (800) 683-7036 as well as the National Fuel Gas Neighbor for Neighbor Heat Fund.
Jbgood wrote:I live in Bullskin Township, Fayette County Pa. My electric is going to be turned off on Oct. 31 and I have no means to pay my bill. I only make about $500 a month and my child support payment is $300. I'm behind on everything I have and I need money to keep my electric on. I've already lost my cell phone, and that's okay, but if I loose my electric, I also loose my ability to run my business in my home and then get I loose more money. Please help me. The local St. Vincent Depaul is giving me $100, but I still need $166 to pay the bill. If you can help me or show me a way to get help, I would greatly appreciate this. Thank You,

Post Reply