Utilities being disconnected

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
l.roy98

Utilities being disconnected

Post by l.roy98 »

Hello,
My name is Jamie, I live in Oregon, and I have two girls which is 2 and 12 years old, I am having a problem with my power bill I have a disconnection notice which will be terminated after the 28 of July 2010 it would be of great help if I may ask for some assistance or any help for me Iim currently unemployed and on Hud and foodstamps so it is hard to care for my childern like it is I cant afford to lose my power please lend me a helping hand it would be of great help. Thank you for taking the time to read my message please reply asap due to the urgent termination notice on the 28th.
Larry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utilities being disconnected

Post by Larry »

Im currently working a part time job and having difficulties right now with paing my electric bill which is over a $1ooo dollars.. I have a final notice which needs to be paid by august 16th. I am in desperate need of help at this time so my service does not get disconnected. Please if you can help me that will take alot of stress off me, because i need lights to be able to shower and eat so i can go to work.. I use a power company in New York. Please help me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

What is power and utility company in New York?
Until I know that, some options may be
New York State Electricity and Gas runs and provides the Power Partner Program, which will lowers the monthly base service charge on both, or either of, your electric and natural gas bills of eligible customers. The program will also help pay off any unpaid balance of power bills on accounts in trouble. 1-800-284-7988 They also run the Matching Incentive Payment Program, which offers a cash grant of up to $600 in funds and the money will be available to eligible NYSEG residential customers facing utility or gas service disconnection due to nonpayment of their energy bills.
Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation offers it customers the AffordAbility Payment Plan. This program will help enables qualified customers of NIMO to make an affordable monthly payment toward their Niagara Mohawk utility bill coupled with an arrearage forgiveness arrangement, so can prevent a disconnection. Phone 1-800-724-8888

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Larry wrote:Im currently working a part time job and having difficulties right now with paing my electric bill which is over a $1ooo dollars.. I have a final notice which needs to be paid by august 16th. I am in desperate need of help at this time so my service does not get disconnected. Please if you can help me that will take alot of stress off me, because i need lights to be able to shower and eat so i can go to work.. I use a power company in New York. Please help me
a123

Help Keep the power On

Post by a123 »

I have lived in this house since june 09 faithfully paying my rent on time as of this year my landlord and his workmen have disappeared, two months ago i got in contact with his property manager to which he stated he didnt even know if the landlord is alive or not. The home is literally falling down around me and my family as of may 2010 i wrote and mailed a letter to him explaining all the safety hazards that are all around and in this home. I recently received a letter from the landlord or so i am been lead to believe saying that he needs his rent and that he has spoken to property manger to begin fixing of the house the letter is dated july07 2010 and mailed and postdated aug 02 2010. also in this letter that i received is the latest bill for the sewer company to which i am responsible for the last bill that i received was for oct.2009 for 85.00 now this bill is for 408.75. this bill comes in his wife name in his address please help dont know what to do or where to turn I live in new jersey receive only food stamp and am collecting unemployment
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help Keep the power On

Post by Admin »

Where in New Jersey? Here is info on NJ programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... grams.html
Try this for charities, non-profits, and other organizations. Without knowing your county or utility company, difficult for me to provide help on a possible disconnection. I can say that the state of New Jersey offers the Universal Service Fund as well as the Lifeline Assistance Program. Ask your power company about these options.
a123 wrote:I have lived in this house since june 09 faithfully paying my rent on time as of this year my landlord and his workmen have disappeared, two months ago i got in contact with his property manager to which he stated he didnt even know if the landlord is alive or not. The home is literally falling down around me and my family as of may 2010 i wrote and mailed a letter to him explaining all the safety hazards that are all around and in this home. I recently received a letter from the landlord or so i am been lead to believe saying that he needs his rent and that he has spoken to property manger to begin fixing of the house the letter is dated july07 2010 and mailed and postdated aug 02 2010. also in this letter that i received is the latest bill for the sewer company to which i am responsible for the last bill that i received was for oct.2009 for 85.00 now this bill is for 408.75. this bill comes in his wife name in his address please help dont know what to do or where to turn I live in new jersey receive only food stamp and am collecting unemployment
L14

Post by L14 »

Please respond quickly! They are going to shut our power off on Thursday 10-15-2010 and they will not make arrangements or exceptions other than a faxed pledge from an org. such as yourself. My name is Angela . Thank you in advance for your help. I have 3 children and cannot live without electricity! Please help us! We live in Rochester New York and do not know who to call for help.
a123

Post by a123 »

my electricity was disconnected yesterday. I dont have the amount to have them turned on. if i could please get assistance by today i would greatly appriciate it.I have two children and no where else to go. my email is and my name is vanessa. i live in houston, tx my zip code is 77015
thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Gulf Coast Community Services Association 713 393-4700 and the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston ((713) 526-4611) are two non-profits and agencies in Houston and Harris County Texas. While you may not be able to get assistance today, you need to contact places as soon as possible. Most have an application process, and the fact is it just will take time to get help with utilities or any other bills or expenses.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
a123 wrote:my electricity was disconnected yesterday. I dont have the amount to have them turned on. if i could please get assistance by today i would greatly appriciate it.I have two children and no where else to go. my email is and my name is vanessa. i live in houston, tx my zip code is 77015
thank you
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

I am a single deaf mother of 3 little kids who's husband,kids father has passed away mother's day 2010 and I am having trouble paying my light bill but the light bill isn't in my name, its in my husbands name and I can proof that I and my children (his children) lives in that address in Cameron County Texas, along with other bills in my name, my question is, can I get help to pay my light bill even if its not in my name ? AND not get my service disconnected due to because he died. We have gotten help from LEAIP before in 2009,when he was alive. Please email me back asap with an answer .
Thank you,

:: Rest iiN Peace my sweeTface ::
Johnny Lee Nash
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you for providing more info on your location and county in Texas. Cameron does have some non-profits and aid organizations. Here is an extensive listing.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cam ... _prog.html
For short term help with bills, which can include utilities, try Ozanam Center. Their number is (956)831-6331 or 831-4791
Another non-profit to call is the Cameron-Willacy Counties Community Projects, Inc., Brownsville Texas, phone (956) 544-6411
Kenmac wrote:I am a single deaf mother of 3 little kids who's husband,kids father has passed away mother's day 2010 and I am having trouble paying my light bill but the light bill isn't in my name, its in my husbands name and I can proof that I and my children (his children) lives in that address in Cameron County Texas, along with other bills in my name, my question is, can I get help to pay my light bill even if its not in my name ? AND not get my service disconnected due to because he died. We have gotten help from LEAIP before in 2009,when he was alive. Please email me back asap with an answer .
Thank you,

:: Rest iiN Peace my sweeTface ::
Johnny Lee Nash
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

I need assistance with rent/ or a deposit for a new house because I recieved a 3 days notice. Also, i am having trouble with my electric bill and it may be disconnected. i need help in paying my rent and energy bill i lost my job last year, but because i don't have any medical insurance and my son got sick and i had to take him to the doctor i had to use the money i had for bills. I need help with rent. Im a full time nursing student and my fiance recently went to jail. I am unemployed and on unemployment only recieving 184.00 every other week. I have half of it but it is due tomorrow We are in need of help with are Electric Bill (JEA) before the disconnection kicks in.
Please help with this, I have two children a girl 5yrs old and a boy 6yrs old and we have been trying to find a place to help pay it but have not had any luck yet. We need help with a security deposit and rent to move.Our daughter is disabled and we are out of room where we are living now.We also have bad credit so we are having trouble trying to get in a rental house. Shut off notice peco won't make a new budget arrangement Liheap is closed. must pay 2000 to avoid shut off but we don't have it. what do we do
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) crisis component? If not, do you. It provides emergency assistance to help when dealing with an imminent disconnection or crisis situation. So your utility company is JEA? What state exactly do they serve? LIHEAP does try to prioritize the help that is needed by the disabled too, so it sounds like it may be the best option for you in your situation.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hea ... p_cri.html

Luigi wrote:I need assistance with rent/ or a deposit for a new house because I recieved a 3 days notice. Also, i am having trouble with my electric bill and it may be disconnected. i need help in paying my rent and energy bill i lost my job last year, but because i don't have any medical insurance and my son got sick and i had to take him to the doctor i had to use the money i had for bills. I need help with rent. Im a full time nursing student and my fiance recently went to jail. I am unemployed and on unemployment only recieving 184.00 every other week. I have half of it but it is due tomorrow We are in need of help with are Electric Bill (JEA) before the disconnection kicks in.
Please help with this, I have two children a girl 5yrs old and a boy 6yrs old and we have been trying to find a place to help pay it but have not had any luck yet. We need help with a security deposit and rent to move.Our daughter is disabled and we are out of room where we are living now.We also have bad credit so we are having trouble trying to get in a rental house. Shut off notice peco won't make a new budget arrangement Liheap is closed. must pay 2000 to avoid shut off but we don't have it. what do we do
Margielee

Post by Margielee »

To whom it may concern,
Good afternoon, i am from lincoln, Nebraska. I am desperatly trying to find some assistance for help in paying our rent and electric bills before power is disconnected. I am currently applying for food stamps again and already have medicaid. I am not working riht now, i am taking care of 2 children during the afternoon and evenings, i am also 8 months pregnant. I am looking for help until i can get back into work. I appreciate any time you have to help me out with this.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Who is your utility company in Nebraska? Regardless here is extensive information on heating and utility assistance in Nebraska. Most energy companies offer various financial resources and assistance to help people avoid disconnections and/or pay power and heating bills. For example, Aquila in Nebraska runs the Heat Aid Fund as well as HeatShare. Phone number for the programs are 402-898-5966.

Margielee wrote:To whom it may concern,
Good afternoon, i am from lincoln, Nebraska. I am desperatly trying to find some assistance for help in paying our rent and electric bills before power is disconnected. I am currently applying for food stamps again and already have medicaid. I am not working riht now, i am taking care of 2 children during the afternoon and evenings, i am also 8 months pregnant. I am looking for help until i can get back into work. I appreciate any time you have to help me out with this.
Thank you,
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I need help this month in Tampa Bay with rent and utilities. I have COPD+a neurology disease, CRPS. Last month my medical expenses totaled over $500 no counting my Medicare premium.I am due for electric shut off 8-18. I can not get state help because my gross income without deductions is $200 over poverty level. I am a disabled veteran on SS disability. If you can help in any way, I would be very grateful. I live in fear of being without electric service or worse yet, being evicted. Thank you so much.