Appalachian Power gave us a faulty water heater

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Merwer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Appalachian Power gave us a faulty water heater

Post by Merwer »

Hello,
    You were recommended to me by Giles County Department of Social Services. I was billed a large amount by Appalachian Power for a faulty hot water heater, which had an element burned out, unbeknownst to me. They more than tripled my bill, which I have attached.  Appalachian Power gave us this bad water heater now they want us to pay? Crazy.
I go to school and work online, and graduate college on April 29th. I am only making $400 a month currently, and was just making the normal bills.  However, I am in great need of assistance just this one time as I was not aware that I had a burnt out element in my hot water heater. I depend on the electricity for school, work, and have food in my refrigerator that is needed and will be wasted if they terminate my electricity. I had paid my normal amount of the bill, however, they (Appalachian Power) are terminating me for the balance on March 29th if I do not pay the $570.04. Again, I was bill almost $800 for one month's of usage for a tiny trailer. My usage in kWh went from approximately 1,500 to almost 7,000 for one month. I have since shut the breaker off and now the usage is back to normal after keeping track of the daily meter reads.
      I have attached my proof of work income, which is biweekly and is all done electronically. She advised me to send you my payment statement, which shows all of my biweekly payments since January 2021. The top two are my last two, and I have attached the emails from Dwolla, who my company uses as a third party for their payroll. You can also contact my job, Fancy Hands, directly and speak with human resources to confirm my employment and income. New York, NY 10003
I have been employed there since 10/7/2019. If you would like to know more about the company, and my job, you may do so.
I am a virtual assistant and get paid by task, which is typically $2.75 per task. I have been a full time student and will be graduating from college on April 29th, 2016 for medical coding and billing and this has been my only means of income while trying to get my Associates degree. If they terminate my electricity, I will be unable to work or graduate next month. Not to mention, all my much needed food in the refrigerator will spoil.
Please see the four attachments: one full payment activity schedule from Fancy Hands since 2015, and a statement from Dwolla confirming these payments made by Fancy Hands from the past few months. The other two attachments are my last two pay stubs from 3/15/2021 and 3/01/2021, which you will see as the top two on my work 2021 payment statement.  Appalachian Power just left me a voicemail message that I will be terminated on 3/29 if I do not pay for the faulty water heater.
Thanks in advance for your time and assistance, and please let me know if you need any additional information,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Appalachian Power gave us a faulty water heater

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear that. What did Appalachian Power say to you since the heater was bad? Also, as far as the bad food, look into a pantry to replace it. But there are charities and government resources that address water heater ands bills. Look on the site here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
Merwer wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:17 pm Hello,
    You were recommended to me by Giles County Department of Social Services. I was billed a large amount by Appalachian Power for a faulty hot water heater, which had an element burned out, unbeknownst to me. They more than tripled my bill, which I have attached.  Appalachian Power gave us this bad water heater now they want us to pay? Crazy.
I go to school and work online, and graduate college on April 29th. I am only making $400 a month currently, and was just making the normal bills.  However, I am in great need of assistance just this one time as I was not aware that I had a burnt out element in my hot water heater. I depend on the electricity for school, work, and have food in my refrigerator that is needed and will be wasted if they terminate my electricity. I had paid my normal amount of the bill, however, they (Appalachian Power) are terminating me for the balance on March 29th if I do not pay the $570.04. Again, I was bill almost $800 for one month's of usage for a tiny trailer. My usage in kWh went from approximately 1,500 to almost 7,000 for one month. I have since shut the breaker off and now the usage is back to normal after keeping track of the daily meter reads.
      I have attached my proof of work income, which is biweekly and is all done electronically. She advised me to send you my payment statement, which shows all of my biweekly payments since January 2021. The top two are my last two, and I have attached the emails from Dwolla, who my company uses as a third party for their payroll. You can also contact my job, Fancy Hands, directly and speak with human resources to confirm my employment and income. New York, NY 10003
I have been employed there since 10/7/2019. If you would like to know more about the company, and my job, you may do so.
I am a virtual assistant and get paid by task, which is typically $2.75 per task. I have been a full time student and will be graduating from college on April 29th, 2016 for medical coding and billing and this has been my only means of income while trying to get my Associates degree. If they terminate my electricity, I will be unable to work or graduate next month. Not to mention, all my much needed food in the refrigerator will spoil.
Please see the four attachments: one full payment activity schedule from Fancy Hands since 2015, and a statement from Dwolla confirming these payments made by Fancy Hands from the past few months. The other two attachments are my last two pay stubs from 3/15/2021 and 3/01/2021, which you will see as the top two on my work 2021 payment statement.  Appalachian Power just left me a voicemail message that I will be terminated on 3/29 if I do not pay for the faulty water heater.
Thanks in advance for your time and assistance, and please let me know if you need any additional information,
March

Re: Appalachian Power gave us a faulty water heater

Post by March »

I am in a terrible situation. I recently lost my jo / laid off due to my lack of transportation with Quantum Properties and now I am behind on my Appalachian Power bill. I assisted with cleaning out of their properties. I was already living pay check to pay check. Two months behind in rent. Without power and a astronomical water bill. I have and received assistance thru the liheap program for Appalachian Power. And took on a roommate to try and alleviate some of the cost who is currently waiting on assistance through the liwap program. But I still have my rent which on Wednesday will be three months behind on Appalachian Power. And I also have a estimate for the amount and work that my car will need if you also need that in addition to Appalachian Power.