Air conditioner issues with landlord

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Santelli
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Air conditioner issues with landlord

Post by Santelli »

Hello, my name is Olinka, I am currently a resident in London square apartments and the landlord is not fixing the air conditioning unit. The apartments said they have air conditioning that they turn on on certain days of the year from April to October. My air conditioning never worked for my apartment, maintenance said a part has been ordered as of April 2021.
In the living community there are several families in my living circle without air conditioning. My apartment is 80 degrees by thermostat daily. My child and I have asthma and we have difficulty breathing in this hot apartment. I have asked the office for help. The office administration recommended I get a fan when I returned home from the hospital Wednesday for asthma and overheating last week. The landlord at the office told me they had a 20 degree window since my apartment was 80 degrees,
No one would be able to help me as long as the temp did not exceed 100 degrees; we have had heat advisory weather well over 100 degrees, very difficult to battle.  I went to the office Friday to ask if they the landlord could help because it is too hot to even walk to the near QT for cool drinks. They said there was nothing they could do. Something about a part being ordered for the air conditioning unit.
The maintenance told me about the part in April when they turned on the air and I was not receiving cooling air flow.  Being on a fixed income. This is not an expense I can handle unexpected. I asked the office if I could purchase an air conditioner out of my portion of the rent. I was told no and that I could not get a window unit either. But Friday when I went in office with a witness. the office said I could get a window unit, but it had to immediately be taken down once repairs were made. Unless in writing I do not know what to do.  
 Truthfully this is an all bills paid community, I even asked the office if they could furnish us with a letter stating the conditions to we may try to get help from Lineup because we do not have utility bills. The office and landlord refused stating it is not as requirement to provide air conditioning. I am concerned about that because it was offer or I would have not moved in knowing  air conditioning wasn't available.  When I asked the office, what is the procedure now that clearly the 20 degree window was exceeded if they could assist to render relief. There is nothing they can do... Can you help? I am a disable vet; my child and I have asthma. There are other families living in my circle that has disable members and smaller children. Without transportation it is really hard to get around in this heat.  Please help. Looking for solutions for relief and life,
Erica Jane

Re: Air conditioner issues with landlord

Post by Erica Jane »

Hello my name is Sandra. My mom is 68 years old and I need to find her financial assistance for her central air unit. She has a landlord with a heart condition, high blood pressure, early stage of kidney failure and seizure disorder. She is also a breast cancer survivor. She also has breathing problems, her live in partner is a Vietnam veteran and has severe breathing problems I have asthma and am disabled.  We desperately need to get this unit fixed and the landlord is not helping. There is absolutely no way we can pay for these air conditioner repairs.  It is also tied into the heating as well. I pray I will hear back from you soon.    Thank you for your time,                                                       Sandra
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Even if you have a rental unit, some government programs may still provide you with a free air conditioner. There are many programs and options out there. Or the Salvation Army will pass out a free box fan to cool your apartment. Talk to a local social service agency and tell the landlord you will get a unit. Find a free AC program here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... oners.html
OnMyWay

Post by OnMyWay »

I am reaching out to ask for help with paying my electric bill and air conditioner. I am disabled and can't work and landlord won't fix the AC unit. I have heart disease and stints around my heart and in both legs. I have to have heat and air conditioning because of my heart disease. If I get to hot I pass out and have to be rushed to hospital. I have high blood pressure and am on medication. I am on blood thinners because of blood clots. I really need help with this electric bill. I worked 45 years and now I am sick. I am on SSI disability, but it doesn't pay enough. I have never asked for help before but I need the air conditioner fixed which may landlord won't do. am a proud man, but I really need help now on this. I live in Fresno CA, County of Fresno. Thank you, and God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

there may be some legal issues involved here since the landlord may be responsible for safe living. Try a free lawyer. And there is nothing wrong for asking for help and do not let pride get in the way. Look here for free legal consultations for the low income near you.
OnMyWay wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:02 am I have never asked for help before but I need the air conditioner fixed which may landlord won't do. am a proud man, but I really need help now on this. I live in Fresno CA, County of Fresno. Thank you, and God bless you.
Machelle F

Post by Machelle F »

Good afternoon,
I was reading about this information, my name is Tyler and I live in Greenville South Carolina. Recently my outside air conditioning unit went out and my landlord is refusing to fix it, but is still demanding rent and I’m trying to figure out how to cool my house down along with me being on unemployment and a mother of two children. I there is any listing help for air conditioners or landlord issues that you can provide is great appreciated.