Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Love
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Electric bills are due in Massachusetts

Post by Love »

Good Day,
I am looking for help with my electric bill. I live in Attleboro MA and I received a shut off notice, and will lose service tomorrow. The electric bill is in the name of my recently deceased roommate, apparently, she wasn't paying the bill as she was supposed to, and I found the bills stuffed in a box in her room. I rent a room in the apartment along with 2 of her sons, one is disabled. I myself am disabled as well, and have numerous health issues like diabetes, bipolar affective disorder, COPD, Rheumatoid Arthritis, compressed disks.  The electric company has sent a shut off notice, and I have been trying to work on getting the bill paid but it’s extremely high. We are on the verge of having the landlord start the eviction process because the rent is too expensive for us to continue living here past December. I am looking for any assistance I can get to at least help us so that we can either work on getting the bill paid, and finding new housing.
I live in the Attleboro, MA area, and due to the deaths of my roommates my roommates and myself must find other housing since the place is now too expensive for us to remain here past December. I am just looking for help to avoid having the power shut off. My heat is connected to the electricity, and if the power and electric is turned off the food we do have will spoil, we won’t be able to cook, we will have no heat, and the diabetes medication I take will be no good as it must be refrigerated. I need assistance not just for myself but for the others that also live here.  Is there any assistance you can give us, as we are in a dire situation? If there is any assistance, you can provide I can be reached at I appreciate the time you have given me regarding this matter and hope to hear back regarding my request.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Electric bills are due in Massachusetts

Post by Admin »

Giving one day notice to try to get electric bill help, whether in MA or anywhere, is not enough time. It is in fact impossible to get assistance. But maybe someone will help you get the power back on once it is shut off - as it will be shut off. Look here for the various electric bill assistance programs in MA.
Love wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 am Good Day,
I am looking for help with my electric bill. I live in Attleboro MA and I received a shut off notice, and will lose service tomorrow.
Amber Tooley

Re: Electric bills are due in Massachusetts

Post by Amber Tooley »

Hello my name is Stephanie. I'm in need of funds to pay my electric bill here in Massachusetts. The program I applied to does not have funds. My deadline is today for $170. I have already received an extension so the $170 has to be paid in full. I'm currently on disability. I have no income except the check I receive on the third of each month. Please respond asap with any information you can provide on this matter. I have until five o'clock today to come up with the funds before my services are disconnected. Thank you in advance for your help.