Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JMichales
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling with electric due to COVID job loss

Post by JMichales »

Hi,
I am the Service Coordinator at The Village of Sage Grove (a HUD-subsidized senior community) in Kalamazoo, MI.  One of my residents is having difficulty paying his electric bill because of COVID and their job loss.  I heard that Community Action had a program that offered help to people in this situation.  Please send any information that you have and/or forward this email.
Thank you,
Rebecca
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Struggling with electric due to COVID job loss

Post by Admin »

Since it is a COVID issue, for a HUD subsidized apartment, try the list of charities, state grant programs, and other resources. Many Michigan utility companies also suspended utility disconnections for those hit by COIVD or job loss.
Find Kalamazoo County programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ce_pr.html

JMichales wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:01 am Hi,
I am the Service Coordinator at The Village of Sage Grove (a HUD-subsidized senior community) in Kalamazoo, MI.  One of my residents is having difficulty paying his electric bill because of COVID and their job loss.  I heard that Community Action had a program that offered help to people in this situation.  Please send any information that you have and/or forward this email.
Thank you,
Rebecca