Cancelled energy appointment from COVID

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Zentec1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Cancelled energy appointment from COVID

Post by Zentec1 »

My name is Shawna and I live in St. George, SC (Dorchester County). I'm emailing in hopes of getting a response on what I can do about receiving assistance paying my utility bill. I originally applied for assistance in late February 2020 with the Palmetto Community Action Program where I was given an appointment to meet with a representative on September 23, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic my appointment was cancelled per a sign posted on the door the day I arrived for my appointment and was to be rescheduled upon the agency re-opening in May 2020. The appointment was at the Dorchester County DSS located at 201 Johnston St, St. George, SC. I have been calling continuously since the first week in July leaving voicemail messages for a representative by the name of Ms. Brown (person who scheduled my appointment) and nobody ever returns my calls as they are not there from COVID. My utilities are scheduled to be disconnected on October 15, 2020 per a letter received by mail today and I just need some help really fast. I would greatly appreciate someone getting in contact with me ASAP to reschedule my energy appointment.
sheniqua
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cancelled energy appointment from COVID

Post by sheniqua »

Hello,
I am needing any kind of help I can receive for a propane bill which is almost 1,000 dollars as my electric bill appointment was cancelled. I also need mortgage payments which are 2,800 behind making it in the start of foreclosure (only reason it isn't is because of COVID) and an electric bill which is 558 dollars. I live in Iroquois county, Sheldon IL. My income now is 2700 a month however I got so far behind on things due to no job for several months. I would really like to do whatever applications I can. I am just not sure where to start since most offices are closed due to COVID.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Judi