Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with utility bills service is due to be disconnecte

Post by Admin »

They are accepting payment but still threatening disconnection. That doesn't make sense and there must be something you are not telling us at needhelppayingbills. That being said, find more and a full listing of Virginia utility assistance programs. There are various grant programs, weatherization, and programs for the low income, seniors, and disabled. For example, try programs like the Operation Round Up offered by many Virginia power companies and organizations. Many others are referenced too.
Astroburner wrote:Couple of months ago I made payment arrangements with Va Dominion Power. Financially I couldn't commit on the 1st payment due. I now have the money and they say I have to pay whole amount of $1440 2day or my service will be terminated 2day. I offered to pay $600 which is much more than the 1st payment agreed upon. They said they will accept my payment but my service will still be terminated. The worst of it that if they turn it off, not only will I have to pay the whole amount of $1440.00 to have it reconnected but they are adding a additional $200 for a deposit. Please someone help me and give me advice on what I can do. Im hoping that i can get my girls fed, dressed and off to school b4 they so cruelly take away our luxuriously that we never take for granted.I m a single Mom. If they cut it off I will not be able to recover. I wont have nothing for Christmas will
Newport

Post by Newport »

Green mountain energy, cut off notice dated 11/8/13, and we live in Vermot. I have a wife who get SSI, and I work we have two young kids littlest 4 years old. We have been struggling a few months now to make ends meet but now an online site accessed are bank and stole our money and until the investigation is through we won't be refunded but our light will be shut off tomorrow. Me and my wife has called and contacted everyone in our local area that helps and no one has funding. We have not even paid our rent but we have been with them so long there giving us till the 16th to do so. I don't want to lose my family behind this. We have worked so hard to keep all we have for our kids and I don't know what else to do. If by chance you could help my family and would be willing to you can contact me or my wife. If you can God will bless you. Thanks have a blessed day.
Coco

Post by Coco »

I am looking for assistance on paying my utilities. I have a roommate. She is at the moment unemployed and looking for work. She does receive $189.00 in food stamps. I only receive income from my disability pay (rated at %60 at this time) and we are both looking for work and have been for awhile now.
We just moved to a smaller place with "cheaper" rent but we need help with catching up on the utilities to get better on track and have more time until at least one of us is able to find employment. I am a disabled combat veteran (if that information helps).