Gas fireplace fuel is out

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Amber Tooley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Gas fireplace fuel is out

Post by Amber Tooley »

My name is Tina and I am disabled.  The home I live in the heat pump does not work & the only heat I have is a gas fireplace.  I live on a fixed income & with winter coming I can't afford to fill my tank and get the fuel for my gas fireplace. I do have electric heaters, but my power bill jumped so high last year I had to stop using them. Please send me info on who to seek help from. I had an estimate on a heat pump & it was over $6,000 & I just can’t afford that.
Thank you.
Mnadi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Gas fireplace fuel is out

Post by Mnadi »

I am facing a shutoff with Consumers in Ionia County Michigan. They provide electric and natural gas to us that we use for our fireplace. I have contacted my DHS caseworker and funding can't help until November. I get that I don't need hear right now. It's plenty hot this summer anyways! But I can't do without electricity or gas for my fireplace this upcoming winter? My partner just started a job. We have four kiddos. I have called 211, Salvation Army, churches, and anywhere else anyone I've talked to guides me. What I have been able to do myself was request an extension. 211 AND 8cap have also been able to get me an extension each. I am out of extensions, and still no closer to locating ANY help.
I have a shutoff looming and have run out of time this Wednesday the 9th. Any new information or leads would be a blessing to my family!!! My fiancé was laid off the middle of April and is STILL fighting his previous employer tooth and nail for unemployment. He has protested two times with unemployment. He is working now but just started. We usually have zero issues maintaining our utilities or getting our fireplace to work to keep us warm. So I'm calling everyone and everywhere going round and round. Like I said, ANY lead would be amazing!!!