help/utility bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
salliemae
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help/utility bill

Post by salliemae »

i live in Canton, GA 30114, Cherokee County. unemployment insurance has stopped after 2nd tier. I have no other income. This month is paid, but I don't know about next month and I have a $900 outstanding gas bill that if not paid at least in part by winter, I will freeze to death. Have tried to look up for my county, but I am getting nowhere fast. I can't seem to find anyone to help and I also could use the weatherization help, but can not find who can help with that either.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help/utility bill

Post by Admin »

Try the MUST Cherokee, which is a non-profit that was programs for Cherokee and Canton Georgia. They have various emergency and financial aid programs.

Also, try the the Heating Energy Assistance Team (HEAT) in Georgia. The HEAT program is administered by the Georgia Department of Human Resources. 678-406-0212

another option for weatherization and other aid is North Georgia Community Action, Inc. (706) 692-5644

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _pro1.html
salliemae wrote:i live in Canton, GA 30114, Cherokee County. unemployment insurance has stopped after 2nd tier. I have no other income. This month is paid, but I don't know about next month and I have a $900 outstanding gas bill that if not paid at least in part by winter, I will freeze to death. Have tried to look up for my county, but I am getting nowhere fast. I can't seem to find anyone to help and I also could use the weatherization help, but can not find who can help with that either.
mikedietrich29

help my utility bills and bad debt

Post by mikedietrich29 »

i reside in the state of South Carolina, Greenville county. My electric bill runs 300.00-450.00 on average every month throughout the summer. I only make minimum wage I cant possibly keep this up.Thankfully im not disconected yet,due to the help of family and every dime i earn. how do i qualify for LHEAP or a program that i dont have to wait for a disconnect notice for help, im scared to let it fall behind enough for a disconnect notice to be issued then what if help is not available. You should also know my rent is 500.00 a month and I pay water which is 150.00 average every other month. Im also responsible for gas, but i have not paid it since the weather change. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have that are actually worth my time checking into,as i am not looking for handouts just a little assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: help my utility bills and bad debt

Post by Admin »

So you need both rent and utility bill help. Try this link for agencies and non-profits in Greenville South Carolina. There are numerous options such as the Salvation Army of Greenville County
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html You can call them at 64-235-4803. They offer utility programs, rent assistance, and other financial support. Other non-profits include such places as the Sunbelt Human Advancement Resources. Use the link above to learn more about these and other programs/organizations.
mikedietrich29 wrote:i reside in the state of South Carolina, Greenville county. My electric bill runs 300.00-450.00 on average every month throughout the summer. I only make minimum wage I cant possibly keep this up.Thankfully im not disconected yet,due to the help of family and every dime i earn. how do i qualify for LHEAP or a program that i dont have to wait for a disconnect notice for help, im scared to let it fall behind enough for a disconnect notice to be issued then what if help is not available. You should also know my rent is 500.00 a month and I pay water which is 150.00 average every other month. Im also responsible for gas, but i have not paid it since the weather change. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have that are actually worth my time checking into,as i am not looking for handouts just a little assistance.
JareLis

Post by JareLis »

I would like the information on how to get help with our electric bill. We have 2 children, 1 is 2 years old and the other one is 2 months old. We have both been laid off from our jobs, I am drawing unemployment but they don't know as of yet if my husband will be able to draw unemployment or not. I am getting to draw $242.00 a week and that is not much for a family of 4. We just paid last month's electric bill which was $464.00, we had to borrow the money to pay it and now we just got our bill this time and it is $489.00, we are tryign to pay our bills but it is very difficult to pay them on such little income. Could you please help me with this matter, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state? What county? I need more info. Without having that my reply is general. Use this link. You can try LHEAP, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities. I do agree that amount of money is too little to live on.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
JareLis wrote:I would like the information on how to get help with our electric bill. We have 2 children, 1 is 2 years old and the other one is 2 months old. We have both been laid off from our jobs, I am drawing unemployment but they don't know as of yet if my husband will be able to draw unemployment or not. I am getting to draw $242.00 a week and that is not much for a family of 4. We just paid last month's electric bill which was $464.00, we had to borrow the money to pay it and now we just got our bill this time and it is $489.00, we are tryign to pay our bills but it is very difficult to pay them on such little income. Could you please help me with this matter, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Hello, I found this site through Google, I am trying to get help with my heat and hot water. It has been shut off for about 3 weeks, I have been calling tons of people and no one has had funding. I am a single mother to a 26 month old baby, I live in Burlington VT. If there is any information you can give Mr. I would appreciate it! Thank you for your time!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water programs are more rare, but for the heat, try this for information on Vermont energy bill assistance. It really comes down to who your provider is in Burlington. Do you have a major provider? Or a small company? Or if the utility company does not offer help, also try government aid (which we also have listed on the site).
Mariner wrote:Hello, I found this site through Google, I am trying to get help with my heat and hot water. It has been shut off for about 3 weeks, I have been calling tons of people and no one has had funding. I am a single mother to a 26 month old baby, I live in Burlington VT. If there is any information you can give Mr. I would appreciate it! Thank you for your time!