Struggling with summer cooling bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
BradyBunch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling with summer cooling bills

Post by BradyBunch »

Dear sir, my name is Amanda and I’m a disabled adult struggling to pay my cooling bills in the summer. I’ve recently bought an older home (67 years old). I’ve got my bill for cooling this month and not only do I realize I can’t pay this month but without some weatherization reform, I won’t be able to afford future summer cooling. My fixed income is below $900 per month.  If you can help or refer me to programs that will help with cooling bills, my return communications are below. Thank you in advance.
Beagie

Re: Struggling with summer cooling bills

Post by Beagie »

Hello, My name is Lisa.  I'm trying to reach out and get a friend some help With his light bill and summer AC cooling bill.  He is a single parent of 4 children.
He was recently laid off and his unemployment Ran out and their lights got cut off.  He has no money and is low on food.They have not had any lights or a cool home for two weeks.  Please can you help?
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

Gentlemen

I live in Bainbridge, Georgia.  I am a 72 year old single female with a disability and low income.  My monthly income is my Social Security in the amount of  $1,228.
 On May 1, 2020 I read in the Albany, Georgia news of the cooling program sponsored by the Neighborhood Service Centers for paying summer cooling bills.  I immediately called our local center (229-246-3119) to apply for it.  The lady took my information, and as with the heating program, told me I would be called back as when to go in.
 After not hearing from them in three weeks, I called back and was told that my name had not been gotten to.  I called again on June 30, and at that time I was told the "program was over that day."  When I questioned why I had not been called, her only answer to me was that "they were told not to advertise."  When I asked how people would know about it, I was told by the lady that it was "by word of mouth."  Of course, I had read about it in the Albany Herald on May 1, and I knew it would not just be a  program for that county (Dougherty).
 I just think the local system was very unfair.  From all my reading, the cooling, as well as the heating, program is on a "first come basis."  If one county could advertise summer cooling bill programs, I cannot understand why another would be told not to advertise.
 I would like you to respond to my questions.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not gentleman. We are both women and men. But we have information on getting utility bill help in Georgia. They may have benefits for those on social security disability as well.

Thomas1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:22 pm Gentlemen

I live in Bainbridge, Georgia.  I am a 72 year old single female with a disability and low income.  My monthly income is my Social Security in the amount of  $1,228.