Water bill help as unemployed

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
TBergey
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Water bill help as unemployed

Post by TBergey » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 am

I live in Flint Mich. I have 3 kids and i need help with paying my consumers and water bill. I do get S.S.I and D.H.S help but its still not enugh my husband has been looking for work but no onw is hiring anywhere so we got back up on are bills so i'm trying anything and everything to get this bill turn back on before the state come in and remove them from me. My kids don't stay with me at night time i have to send them to my friends house next door so that way they will have water and lights. If you can help me i would really like that very much

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Admin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 am

Genessee County and Flint Michigan have numerous agencies that can help with bills, rent, and other expenses. Some of your differrent options will include the Genesee County Community Action Resource Department. (810) 232-2185. there is also a great local branch of the Flint Michigan Salvation Army, which can be reached at 810-232-2199. This resource/link has info on many different assistance programs and options for people who are in need. Even ways to get help finding a job!

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
TBergey wrote:I live in Flint Mich. I have 3 kids and i need help with paying my consumers and water bill. I do get S.S.I and D.H.S help but its still not enugh my husband has been looking for work but no onw is hiring anywhere so we got back up on are bills so i'm trying anything and everything to get this bill turn back on before the state come in and remove them from me. My kids don't stay with me at night time i have to send them to my friends house next door so that way they will have water and lights. If you can help me i would really like that very much

NancyG
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Chicago water + utility bill help as unemployed

Post by NancyG » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:29 pm

I live in Chicago and I am in need of help for my electric and water bills. I have been out of a job for 3 months with no income except a little help from my friend. I have 3 job interviews in the next week and hope to get one of the positions. I have never gone thru this or had any assistance. It is embarrassing and humiliting but I have a total of 4 people in my home one of which is my 2 yr old grandbaby. If I could get caught up on these bills I think my August 1 I will be back on track. I don't know where to start but am in fear of these utilities being shut off. I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you for your help from myself and my family.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Chicago water + utility bill help as unemployed

Post by Admin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Try contacting the Chicago Housing Authority at (312) 742-8500. They have information on utility and heating programs. Also, I assume you have ComEd as utility provider. Call them and ask about these assistance programs. The Summer Assistance Program, Fresh Start, Residential Hardship Fund, or the C.H.A.M.P (ComEd Helps Activated Military Personnel). All of these provide help for energy bills.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
NancyG wrote:I live in Chicago and I am in need of help for my electric and water bills. I have been out of a job for 3 months with no income except a little help from my friend. I have 3 job interviews in the next week and hope to get one of the positions. I have never gone thru this or had any assistance. It is embarrassing and humiliting but I have a total of 4 people in my home one of which is my 2 yr old grandbaby. If I could get caught up on these bills I think my August 1 I will be back on track. I don't know where to start but am in fear of these utilities being shut off. I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you for your help from myself and my family.

Level
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Water bill and electric as hours cut back

Post by Level » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:43 am

MY NAME IS STACY CAMPBELL I HAVE THREE CHILDREN AGES 16,9,AND 4 I NEED HELP BAD AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH ASSISTANCE FOR WATER BILL AND ENERGY BILL. I OWE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON BOTH OF THEM. I DO WORK,BUT MY EMPLOYER HAS CUT MY HOURS AT WORK AND DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO PAY MY BILLS COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND MY CHILDREN,PLEASE REPLY ASAP

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Water bill and electric as hours cut back

Post by Admin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am

Who is your water and utility company? What state/county? Here is info on various assistance programs that may be able to help low income, unemployed, and others with paying their and energy water bills.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
Level wrote:MY NAME IS STACY CAMPBELL I HAVE THREE CHILDREN AGES 16,9,AND 4 I NEED HELP BAD AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH ASSISTANCE FOR WATER BILL AND ENERGY BILL. I OWE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON BOTH OF THEM. I DO WORK,BUT MY EMPLOYER HAS CUT MY HOURS AT WORK AND DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO PAY MY BILLS COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND MY CHILDREN,PLEASE REPLY ASAP

Diane100
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Diane100 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:11 am

I need help with my water bill. My pipe had a leak I fixed it then my pipe got another leak
in which it ran my bill up again but this time my billgot high again....My mom told me to pack up bring my kids to her home and stay with her, well I did an
That was my biggest mistake....Due to she got mad at me and lock me and my children out..... Which was ridiculous.....If I knew she was giong to act like that then I could have stayed in my own home....Please contact me!!!!!!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Admin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:47 am

Water bills assistance programs will mostly need to come from your water company. The government doesn't really provide aid with them.
An extensive list of options does exist though to try to keep water on. Some options include these
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... bills.html
Such as H2O Help to Others Program as well as a resource known as the Low Income Payment Program (LIPP). hopefully one or both of these may provide the help you need.
Diane100 wrote:I need help with my water bill. My pipe had a leak I fixed it then my pipe got another leak
in which it ran my bill up again but this time my billgot high again....My mom told me to pack up bring my kids to her home and stay with her, well I did an
That was my biggest mistake....Due to she got mad at me and lock me and my children out..... Which was ridiculous.....If I knew she was giong to act like that then I could have stayed in my own home....Please contact me!!!!!!

KimRay1973
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:05 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by KimRay1973 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Hello
I am in need of help paying my water bill. I live in New Haven, Mi. 48048. ($500). The village I live in is trying to help. I am between jobs right and just looking for a little relief for now. My husband was layed off on March 16th, 2011 and received his first unemployment check on May 6th. We have fallen behind and now we can maintain the current amount but we can't catch up on the amount that we are behind. Our bill is right now at $198.00 and is continuing to collect late charges. I will be paying the amount due for the past month but not for the current month. Can you help?
Thanks

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Admin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:28 am

Is the unemployment check enough to pay bills going forward? If not, try this different agencies for your area of Michigan. Dozens of phone numbers, charities, and non-profits operate across the state, including in New Haven. Probably first and foremost you want to call Macomb County Community Services Agency (MCCSA) at 586-469-5222. They coordinate various housing and low income programs for those in need. Another good place to call is Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division at 586. 954.1838. They also run various rent and housing programs for the low income in the community. A list MAcomb County assistance programs here at this resource for you.


KimRay1973 wrote:Hello
I am in need of help paying my water bill. I live in New Haven, Mi. 48048. ($500). The village I live in is trying to help. I am between jobs right and just looking for a little relief for now. My husband was layed off on March 16th, 2011 and received his first unemployment check on May 6th. We have fallen behind and now we can maintain the current amount but we can't catch up on the amount that we are behind. Our bill is right now at $198.00 and is continuing to collect late charges. I will be paying the amount due for the past month but not for the current month. Can you help?
Thanks

Lawnizcek
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:27 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Lawnizcek » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:28 am

I am in need of assistance with my water bill. I was behind and doing good to pay to keep it on but I have had a series of car troubles that has put me in a bind financially. My bill due by july the 20th is 257.34 that includes a past due bill of 165.72 then plus a 16.57 late penalty charge. I am the only one working in a household of 8 and fixint to be 9 . My youngest daughter and my 5 grandsons live with me and she is expecting a another baby this fall so it is a full house. I would appreciate any help that you can give me. I live in the city of Comer, Georgia. Thanks in advance for any assitance you can provide.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Admin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 am

Water bill assistance not as common. Maybe you can get help with car repairs. But here are some programs in Comer Georgia assistance. Southwest Georgia Community Action Council, Inc. covers the entire region, including Madison County Georgia. They offer head start, financial assistance programs, and information on grants and government resources. Phone number is (229) 985-3610


Lawnizcek wrote:I am in need of assistance with my water bill. I was behind and doing good to pay to keep it on but I have had a series of car troubles that has put me in a bind financially. My bill due by july the 20th is 257.34 that includes a past due bill of 165.72 then plus a 16.57 late penalty charge. I am the only one working in a household of 8 and fixint to be 9 . My youngest daughter and my 5 grandsons live with me and she is expecting a another baby this fall so it is a full house. I would appreciate any help that you can give me. I live in the city of Comer, Georgia. Thanks in advance for any assitance you can provide.

Yahoo 12
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Yahoo 12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 pm

I AM WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP ME OR FIND ME HELP TO PAY A WATER BILL. THE WATER BILL IS 954.46, I JUST MOVED INTO THE HOME AND I CALLED THE SEWER AND WATER COMPANY. THEY TOLD ME I AM STUCK WITH THE BILL EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT LIVE HERE, AND I JUST LOST MY JOB. I MOVED INTO THE HOME LAST MONTH HAVE HAD GONE WITHOUT WATER SINCE MOVING IN. THE MANAGER STATED TO ME YESTERDAY THAT THEY WILL TURN IT ON IF I WENT DOWN TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT TO HAVE THE BILL PAID OFF WITHIN THREE MONTHS. WHICH THE MOUNT THEY ARE WANTING IS APPROXIMATELY 80.00 A WEEK. I AM A SINGLE MOTHER TRYING TO MAKE A NEW LIFE WITH MY CHILDREN AND FOR SOME REASON I CAN’T CATCH A BREAK ANYWHERE. I HAVE CALLED AROUND TO DIFFERENT PLACES AND I WAS TOLD THE SAME FROM EACH AGENCY, THEY DO NOT HELP WITH WATER BILLS. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE BILL WAS CUT IN HALF OR SOME KIND OF HELP SINCE I DIDN'T CREATE THIS BILL. I HAVE CALLED STATE REPS FOR HELP AND ALL I GOT WAS NOTHING, THEN TO FIND OUT THEY ALL SEEM TO BE RETIRING THIS YEAR. PLEASE HELP IN ANYWAY.

MrsMerkel
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by MrsMerkel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 am

My water was turned off today. I have made payment arrangements with power company. I am disabled and 1 month behind in rent. Need help desperately. I am trying to catch everything up but deposits and unforeseen circumstances have hurt me. I am under an extreme amount of anxiety and afraid of my mental state at this time.

Rodan
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:34 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Rodan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 pm

I am a single parent with two kids and I’m having a difficult time paying my water bill that conflicts with my rent. I can't pay both at the same time so I’m always month to two months behind. I live in an apartment complex that goes thru a third party agency and its just hard to pay rent, water and food at the sometime along with my other bills. I am a one income, unemployed household and all I need is a little help.

Post Reply