Save money on and pay utility bills in Alabama

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Westin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Save money on and pay utility bills in Alabama

Post by Westin »

Hi, I am in Florence Alabama. I'm trying to get help paying my electric bill and every time I ask salvation army or community action for help they just say they can't and send me to someone else. I found out tonight that community action has money to help and my electric got turned off today I have an 18 daughter that lives with me. Now my back door has air that blows thru it like the door is open. I want to cut back and save on this air flow as my utility bill is higher because of it. The lady at the electric company would not let me talk to the supervisor on more than one action. Maintenance won't put weather stripping around the door to save me money. His reason is because he says the doors are warped. Things like this are why I can't stand to live here in Alabama. I thought they are supporting to help people not sit back and let us sleep in the cold.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Save money on and pay utility bills in Alabama

Post by Admin »

Well the Salvation army and community action is under no obligation to help you. No one is under any obligation to help you (or anyone else). You sound entitled to assistance. You need to become self-sufficient, (and any one or agency) that helps you is above and beyond what they are required to do and you should feel tremendous gratitude to anyone who assists. That being said, here are some Alabama energy bill assistance programs.
Westin wrote:Hi, I am in Florence Alabama. I'm trying to get help paying my electric bill and every time I ask salvation army or community action for help they just say they can't and send me to someone else.