My LIHEAP appointment in California

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JoBruce
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My LIHEAP appointment in California

Post by JoBruce »

Hello, my purpose for contacting you is due to I had an appointment with HEAP in Lakewood CA on 07/20/19 for utility assistance. The case worker informed me that they were taking the pledge that day but needed my full gas bill that had all the activity. She had given me five days to fax it to her which I did on the 22nd of February.
I also made contact with her to inform her that I did fax it to her and I left several messages. It wasn't until March that I heard from her she told me that she didn't get my gas bill because their fax machine was broken then she asked me to mail it to her which I did 07/30/19. I attempted to reach her to find out if she had received my letter of course no response again. I tried reaching her for several days it wasn't until April when I caught up to her on the 9th she told me I couldn't come in until that Wednesday in which the courtesy pledge was cancelled and my gas was also in shut off due to waiting on her to respond.
She told me I could drop the forms back off to her at the Lakewood office in which I did as I approached the building she was leaving out. I asked if she had a second. She was very rude and walked out of the door. I took the forms to the reception and asked for her supervisor.
I spoke to her she told me she was going to get back to me I waited for her no call back. I finally caught up to her on April 11 or 12 and she informed me they were only going to pay one bill though on the original appointment she said they were assisting with both bills.
Of course I again spoke to Sylvia informing her that she told me that the pledge was still cancelled and that I would need to choose which bill I wanted paid though I need them both paid. I went from there to speaking back to Sylvia. She's telling me she had mailed the forms back to me which was incorrect and it was basically blamed on me because of Tanisha failed to communicate with me leaving me with 2 shut off notices.
I attempted to resolve the matter by deciding to choose my heating bill which was in June 2019.
I spoke to Sylvia supervisor and she became offended because I spoke up about my utilities being subject to shut off. She was defending Tanisha error and negligence to inform me earlier on that you were only going to assist with 1 bill so misinformation was passed to me. Now I'm still waiting for my gas bill to be paid.
I'm still getting disconnect notices for both bills. Today was the last day to pay my SCE bill. The lowest amount they will accept is $300. I don't have, I'm asking is there any way that you can assist with it as an Emergency after threw my services can be terminated leaving my family and I without electricity. Our food will spoiled and have to be thrown out and we barely making it, it isn't fair that we have to suffer due to a person unprofessional conduct. Can you please assist me ASAP.
Smoother

Re: My LIHEAP appointment in California

Post by Smoother »

To whom it may concern: My name is Samantha. I'm a single mother of three children ages 13, 10 & almost 2 and trying to get an LIHEAP appointment in California. I have fallen on hard times and need assistance paying my electric bill. I have never had help paying it before. I'm currently receiving government assistance (cal- fresh and cash-aid) my rent is $850 a month and I only get $642 in cash assistance. I'm unsure how to apply for this LIHEAP program for help with my electric bill as it is past due and I have no money to pay it. I currently live in the city of Banning California and need an appointment for LIHEAP. My zip code is 92220. If someone can please contact me and help me it would be greatly appreciated. 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Never needed help before and are now asking - there is no shame in that. Good for you in reaching out, especially as you always provided for you and your family. There are resources in California for electric bills. Find them here, at [urlhttps://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/califo ... theri.html]California LIHEAP[/url].
Good for you in reaching out and you should never hesitate, feel embarrassed, or anything else. Most people need financial help from time to time do to no fault of their own.

Smoother wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:32 am To whom it may concern: My name is Samantha. I'm a single mother of three children ages 13, 10 & almost 2 and trying to get an LIHEAP appointment in California. I have fallen on hard times and need assistance paying my electric bill. I have never had help paying it before. I'm currently receiving government assistance (cal- fresh and cash-aid) my rent is $850 a month and I only get $642 in cash assistance. I'm unsure how to apply for this LIHEAP program for help with my electric bill as it is past due and I have no money to pay it. I currently live in the city of Banning California and need an appointment for LIHEAP. My zip code is 92220. If someone can please contact me and help me it would be greatly appreciated. 
Mrs. Cook

Post by Mrs. Cook »

Hi, we have experienced a crisis this month and can not seem to get out of it. We have filled out for LIHEAP in California and the water program, but even though we send the water bill more than once they keep asking for it again? I do not know what's going on there. We need help with electricity at this moment and rent. We are stuck in a tough place until my husband is able to be approved for the job offer he has received . We are just waiting for the background check etc to come back. We do have children in this house, which we thought the California LIHEAP program focuses on. Please let me know what we should do . We are fairly new to the area and do not know the area too well.
Thank you,
Jennifer and Josh
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are a PG&E customer? If so, there are programs you can try. Both LIHEAP and others. Look here for PGE low income help.