electricity was shut off yesterday when we were gone

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
amw1978
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

electricity was shut off yesterday when we were gone

Post by amw1978 »

My boyfriend fell behind on WE energies bill (owes about $1,200.00). The energy assistance cut off was some time mid March or June 1st. Trying to find a way to get it turned on with either charity/non-profit assistance or any program he can get on. He needs the power on in order to work as he is a carpenter. His house is also in foreclosure due to his dad passing a couple a years ago, had no will, he took on the responsibility of the mortgage payments and did probate himself but recently come to find out it wasn't done correctly. But anyways...need help. He lives in Watertown, WI. dodge county.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: electricity was shut off yesterday when we were gone

Post by Admin »

Try these services and agencies for both mortgage help as well as funds to pay your utility bills.
Central Wisconsin Community Action Council, Inc. , which can be reached at (608) 254-8353. They offer such assistance as Emergency Fuel Assistance Programs, weatherization (which helps people save on their energy bills, Foreclosure Assistance, home repairs, and much more. They can also be a great local resource that can refer you to other agencies.

The link below has more info on Wisconsin assistance programs and the names of them, including how to get additional foreclosure help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
amw1978 wrote:My boyfriend fell behind on WE energies bill (owes about $1,200.00). The energy assistance cut off was some time mid March or June 1st. Trying to find a way to get it turned on with either charity/non-profit assistance or any program he can get on. He needs the power on in order to work as he is a carpenter. His house is also in foreclosure due to his dad passing a couple a years ago, had no will, he took on the responsibility of the mortgage payments and did probate himself but recently come to find out it wasn't done correctly. But anyways...need help. He lives in Watertown, WI. dodge county.
Odilla

Post by Odilla »

My husband, myself and our four year old were caring for my Aunt. She is sixty years old but suffering from dementia. She became not only dangerous but left us in a financial crunch in the beginning of May and then packed up and left the second to last week of July. We used our electric extension then and then the last week of May my husband's brother got sick.
My husband had missed many days of work to be with him until he passed. We just now paid rent and left us with no money but also a disconnect for thus Tuesday the 17 on electric and well the water bill just came in past due. We also need help with last month and this month. I'm disabled, he is working but these obstacle have put us in a bad situation. Please any help would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear electricity turned off. And if your funds are limited (or no money) it can be challenging to get it back on. But there are emergency assistance programs out there too for utilities and related costs. Find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... money.html