need help for electricity bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
krokus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help for electricity bill

Post by krokus »

It is necessary pay the help an electricity who can help my mail (krokus34@yahoo.com)my phone number 360-513-3460
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help for electricity bill

Post by Admin »

Based on that area code I assume you live in Washington state. The state has several different utility companies, so kind of hard to be specific. What utility company do you use? Until I know that, try Project Share or Project help. Most utilities offer one or the other of these. They are similiar in that customer contributions help pay for utility and heating bills of individuals and families in need of help. This so called fuel type blind program will pay for all sources of heat - gas, oil, electric, wood, etc. and all types of energy bills. More info on Washington assistance programs is here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
a123

need help for paying electricity bill

Post by a123 »

Our house is fully electric. There are 7 members of our house, myself, wife, 23yo daughter, 22yo son, 15 yo daughter, 12yo son, and 15mo old grandson. I have been unemployed since Aug. & continuing to look for work. My wife has recently (8/14/10) had quadrouple bypass (CABG)surgery & unable to work. Our 12yo son has asthma & must take breathing treatments. We are blessed to have an elderly neighbor who lets us run an extention cord for some releif but cannot continue much longer. Our service was disconnected on 10/25/10. OG&E requires us to pay $829 before service can be restored. The reason it is so high is because I was hospitalized in July for blood clots in my lungs & knew I would not have enough money to pay rent, electricity bill & lights so I made payment arrangements to spread out the payment bill. While I was trying to provide for my family & became ill, I lost my job & have not been able to find work. Currently our 23yo daughter is the only one currently receiving a paycheck so she has been trying to help with the bills. Our 22yo son was just hired by the school district as an on-call custodian, so his income will not be started for a couple of weeks & it is unknown how much he will be able to help. We are DESPERATE & in the dark! We have applied for SNAP and after 2months finally got approved, but have applied for all kinds of assistance to help with the electric bill to no avail! PLEASE, send any information or help available! THANK YOU, Our electricity bill is for Oklahoma City, OK
Admin
Site Admin

Re: need help for paying electricity bill

Post by Admin »

Here are the various programs and agencies in Oklahoma City. They may have grants or financial assistance for rent, lights, power bills, rent, and even offer debt counseling.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
For example, the Salvation Army in Oklahoma City (phone number (405) 246-1122) and Neighborhood Services Organization are two Oklahoma County non-profits.
a123 wrote:Our house is fully electric. There are 7 members of our house, myself, wife, 23yo daughter, 22yo son, 15 yo daughter, 12yo son, and 15mo old grandson. I have been unemployed since Aug. & continuing to look for work. My wife has recently (8/14/10) had quadrouple bypass (CABG)surgery & unable to work. Our 12yo son has asthma & must take breathing treatments. We are blessed to have an elderly neighbor who lets us run an extention cord for some releif but cannot continue much longer. Our service was disconnected on 10/25/10. OG&E requires us to pay $829 before service can be restored. The reason it is so high is because I was hospitalized in July for blood clots in my lungs & knew I would not have enough money to pay rent, electricity bill & lights so I made payment arrangements to spread out the payment bill. While I was trying to provide for my family & became ill, I lost my job & have not been able to find work. Currently our 23yo daughter is the only one currently receiving a paycheck so she has been trying to help with the bills. Our 22yo son was just hired by the school district as an on-call custodian, so his income will not be started for a couple of weeks & it is unknown how much he will be able to help. We are DESPERATE & in the dark! We have applied for SNAP and after 2months finally got approved, but have applied for all kinds of assistance to help with the electric bill to no avail! PLEASE, send any information or help available! THANK YOU, Our electricity bill is for Oklahoma City, OK
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

Hello,

I am disabled and live in Yolo county California. I need help with paying my PG &E electricity bill

A month ago, I spoke to someone at (LIHEAP) in Yolo county, but she won't tell me if I would get assistance. She kept saying All that she will send someone to install the smart meter. I called back but could never get an answer or help from them.

Can you please tell me where I should call to get help with my PG &E? I can't afford to have my power shut off. How can I possibly survive without electricity?

Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Calling LHEAP in Yolo was a great step. Call bank. Stop by their office. Keep calling.
Other ideas for you are on the attached. Try places and programs like the Yolo Family Resource Center, phone 530.406.7221.
Another place for Yolo County people to call who are facing a financial hardship is the Short Term Emergency Aid Committee at (530) 758-8435. They may have aid for utility and power bills too.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/yol ... ogram.html
Kenmac wrote:Hello,

I am disabled and live in Yolo county California. I need help with paying my PG &E electricity bill

A month ago, I spoke to someone at (LIHEAP) in Yolo county, but she won't tell me if I would get assistance. She kept saying All that she will send someone to install the smart meter. I called back but could never get an answer or help from them.

Can you please tell me where I should call to get help with my PG &E? I can't afford to have my power shut off. How can I possibly survive without electricity?

Thanks,
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hello,
I am in desperate need of help with my electricity bill. And I tried to contact you folks by the box that is on you site. But it won’t send my information. So here it is. I am 67 years old, live in Indianapolis and have less than $700 coming in each month from social security plus S S I. My husband is dead and I have no living relatives to help me. They just cancelled my food stamps. I have a huge bill for electricity this month that I can’t pay. It’s $ 217.32. Can you help me? Thank You and God bless you and your work.
Spanarno1

Post by Spanarno1 »

I live in Panola County and am behind on my electric bill and it is 812.70 that they want by the 22nd of this month or they are cutting my lights off. I am 84 and my husband is 89 and on oxygen and breathing treatment machines on hospice care and have an electric air mattress on his bed. I have tried to work out a payment arrangement and because I made a mistake on one of the payments they now will not work with me. Please offer me any assistance or knowledge of where I can get help before they cut off my lights.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Panola County is not very large, but there are a few different agencies located there, and maybe one or more can help. Who is your utility company? As we also have information on assistance programs from all companies in Texas. So try your local community action agency there. Usually when someone has a medical condition the utility company has some grants or payment plans they will offer. Anyway, try this for more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Julia

Post by Julia »

I am a disabled, single, sole provider mother of two. I have a 20 year old pregnant daughter and an 8 year old son. My electric was shut off because I missed my PIPP payment. Now they want the full bill ($498) before they'll turn it back on. No government program in Steubenville, OH (Jefferson county) says they'll help/or don't have funds. I've tried churches, they won't help. I'm out of medical furloughs. I don't know what to do. Please I'm begging for help.
Goniners

Post by Goniners »

I applied last week, I called everyday to check on my application. Besides the fact that I missed two hours to compile and complete the application. My electricity was turned off on 9/30/16. After all that the agency called me and told me I was over qualified, mind you I have three kids and I was force to move.
So I had no extra money, my ex husband is in prison and now my electricity is off. What am I suppose to do? Rob someone? Sell my body? If I could pay it I would have. It was my last bill from my old home. I usually can maintain my own bills but I had to put 4 of my check on hold to move in. Please notify me with any changes or what I can do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well it takes time for any agency to review an application. Why are you blaming your inability to pay your electricity bill (which is 100% your responsibility) on one of the Tennessee community action agencies? They have zero obligation to help you.
Regardless, especially if you are overqualified then something does not add up. Anyway, good luck.
Goniners wrote:I applied last week, I called everyday to check on my application. Besides the fact that I missed two hours to compile and complete the application. My electricity was turned off on 9/30/16. After all that the agency called me and told me I was over qualified, mind you I have three kids and I was force to move.