College student behind on electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Daniels
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

College student behind on electric bill

Post by Daniels »

I am a 25 year old college student. I currently have an electric bill that is way more than I can pay. I was on the LSP program and I am almost completely blind so I did not see the renewal come in I did not know you had to renew each year and now that I have gotten kicked off the LSP program for not filing my renewal. They say that the bill is too hard to read and roll right now I'm really getting it terrified because I have no idea how I'm going to pay this or go about it.
I you could please help me. Please call me as they are now wanting a monthly payment of over $200. If I can get some of this paid off then at least the monthly payments would go down and I would be able to handle it. It's just right now there is no way I could pay you over 200 each month. It is actually making me scared sick. If you know of a way to help please contact me thank you for your time I'm putting the stuff on Facebook.
Woo-Hoo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: College student behind on electric bill

Post by Woo-Hoo »

Hello,
I'm not sure where to start with my request. I have been in contact with Pinellas County, FL regarding helping with some past due rent payments, but my electricity is due on the 11th of this month and I'm already on a payment plan. I'm unemployed college student behind on my electric bill. Have been several times this year. I have never received the unemployment funds from the claim I set up on March 24, 2023. There's no way to get thru the phone line, leave a message or get a call back for college student electric bill programs. I've recently provided a lot of documentation to Pinellas County for rent help and they should be getting back to me any day now. I just don't know what to do about the electricity and my car payment and car insurance. I don't know if they help with that or not and I only have 3 days before my electricity will be shut off, since I'm already on a payment plan with Duke Energy in Clearwater.
I'm hoping someone there can help me with this, as a college student. I need to get my unemployment money, but I'm starting to think they're never going to pay me so I can't pay my electric bill. The claim shows open, active and there is nothing showing pending for me to complete. I'm just stuck in the middle and have no income at all right now. I can provide whatever documentation you might need.
I can be reached here on email but texting or calling my number below is faster and easier so I don't miss the message. I live in Pinellas County, Clearwater, FL. Please let me know what other information I need me to provide.
I really appreciate your help in advance.