I am behind in my utilities - I live in Iowa

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
ceueller
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am behind in my utilities - I live in Iowa

Post by ceueller »

My water will be shut off today, the bill is 164.00. I can't pay it because I'm married, just had a baby a few days ago, and am the only one working. My wife is a permanent resident and does not get any insurance so I had to pay for her pregnancy doctor visits out of pocket, this is why I can't pay, also I'm facing electricity cut off in the future.
I applied and got accepted for LIHEAP but now they told me they can't help with my electric because they ran out of funds. I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Thank you for any info and help you can give. I called Salvation Army and many others and they said they are booked till middle of September.
SgtMertoo

Re: I am behind in my utilities - I live in Iowa

Post by SgtMertoo »

Hi, I'm in need of some utility assistance in Iowa. My lights will be turned off between the 16th-20th. I also have a daughter with Down syndrome who's fed by tube feeding as well as breathing treatments that are both run by electric. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am behind in my utilities - I live in Iowa

Post by Admin »

There are payment plans offered by utility companies in Iowa as well as financial aid programs, LIHEAP grants, and other solutions.
Since your daughter has Down syndromes, then you may qualify for disability resources too. But in the meantime, find Iowa light bill help.

SgtMertoo wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:23 pm Hi, I'm in need of some utility assistance in Iowa. My lights will be turned off between the 16th-20th. I also have a daughter with Down syndrome who's fed by tube feeding as well as breathing treatments that are both run by electric. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.