Power bill spouse passed

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Durham
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Power bill spouse passed

Post by Durham »

I am trying to find help paying my power bill. I have a disconnect notice for the 25th of this month. I have been looking for employment with no success. I recently suffered a life crisis/change. My husband (common law, as we were together 5 years) passed away very unexpectedly. He was getting ready for work that morning and had an aortic aneurysm to which he did not recover from. I would be glad to volunteer in return for assistance with my power bill. I just don’t know what to do.
Thank you & God bless
Old 12 A
anti spam: Blue

Re: Power bill spouse passed

Post by Old 12 A »

I have been without power for over a month since my spouse passed and Gulf Power will not help with any type of payment arrangements! They closed my account, want the full amount plus a deposit to get the power back on! It's extremely hot and I have a 14 year old daughter who has had 11 surgeries. I have contacted the number for Salvation Army several times in the last two weeks but always get a recording. How can I speak to someone about getting help with my power bill since my spouse passed?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Power bill spouse passed

Post by Admin »

Why will Gulf Power not offer a payment arrangement? There must be something you did. As they offer many financial assistance programs as well as other resources. Find [urlhttps://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/gulf_p ... grams.html]Gulf Power utility bill help[/url].
But of course the customer needs to have been in good standing before.
Old 12 A wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:12 am I have been without power for over a month since my spouse passed and Gulf Power will not help with any type of payment arrangements! They closed my account, want the full amount plus a deposit to get the power back on!