Massachusetts LIHEAP

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
TimMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Massachusetts LIHEAP

Post by TimMac »

I have tried to apply by phone to the Massachusetts but cannot get through to LIHEAP all appts are always taken. My electric is 175.00 and they are going to cut off my lights. I have been unemployed since 12/2008 and unemployment ended 02/10/2010. I am desperate for help for me and my child. Thank you for any help
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Massachusetts LIHEAP

Post by Admin »

Find details below on Massachusetts assistance programs. One of the main programs in Mass is the Good Neighbor Energy Fund. This is an assistance fund that is available across the state and any Massachusetts resident can access it, because they may be facing a temporary financial difficulty or short term hardship. If the utility customer can't pay for month's energy expense and is not eligible for state or federal energy assistance then the Good Neighbor Fund can help. 1-800-334-3047

Try Energy Bucks, which provides financial assistance, equipment repairs, and other forms of assistance. They provide a variety of conservation type programs and options as well. 866-537-7267
Also try the Citizens Energy Oil Heat program, which provides free heating oil to low to moderate income families. Call the local Salvation Army for information on how to apply for Oil Heat.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
TimMac wrote:I have tried to apply by phone to the Massachusetts but cannot get through to LIHEAP all appts are always taken. My electric is 175.00 and they are going to cut off my lights. I have been unemployed since 12/2008 and unemployment ended 02/10/2010. I am desperate for help for me and my child. Thank you for any help
Sarkozy

Post by Sarkozy »

Help with paying Electric bill and gas bill for grandmother age 78 in Massachusetts. She has social security income but no other income and is in a low income bracket she cannot afford to pay her bills. Please send info on whatever you can to help send me in the right direction for her. Thank you and Happy Holidays. She does already get LEAP but it is not enough to cover past energy bills that have racked up and now they have shut off her heat and wont turn it back on they turned on the electric due to her medical need for oxygen. Please help... Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What we can send you is information on phone numbers and places to call to apply for LIHEAP. Also look into the Citgo Free Oil program in Massachusetts. LIHEAP does limit the amount of cash they provide, but maybe she can call the utility company itself and work out a payment plan. And that is what you will find here at Massachusetts heating bill assistance programs.
Sarkozy wrote:Help with paying Electric bill and gas bill for grandmother age 78 in Massachusetts. She has social security income but no other income and is in a low income bracket she cannot afford to pay her bills. Please send info on whatever you can to help send me in the right direction for her. Thank you and Happy Holidays. She does already get LEAP but it is not enough to cover past energy bills that have racked up and now they have shut off her heat and wont turn it back on they turned on the electric due to her medical need for oxygen. Please help... Thank you!
Booty

Post by Booty »

I was wondering if you could give me some information on the systems that I may find to help my parents pay their utility bills. Their gas is just been shut off and there's a termination on their electric. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. They live in Plainville Massachusetts.
Any assistance programs in the areas your contact information would be greatly appreciated. You may call me. Also my dad has MS, my mother had a brain tumor, my brother has lupus and arthritis. I wish I could help them but I am disabled also and have a three-year-old epileptic child and I am not working. Thank you,
Poil

Post by Poil »

Good afternoon, I was wondering how to apply for LIHEAP assistance with my electric and oil bills due to the fact I am not working at the current moment.
I live in Taunton, MA with my brother who is ill and is unable to work. I hope to be back to work sooner than later however my time is needed with him.
Can please let me know what you recommend and/or where to get the application started for LIHEAP and rushed. I look forward to hearing back soon as this is all new to me.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, the Massachusetts LIHEAP program can provide you heating oils or offer electric bill help. So try it, and try a local social service office for that application. If you need more guidance, use this for more information.
So that is what we recommend....a local social service office in your town of Taunton. That may be your best bet for help.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi, I an in Massachusetts and there are non-profits. There shouting me off as they told me I was all set because I have to be out of the apartment by the 8th and when I moved in I had to put a 400.00 dollar deposit and they won't apply that to my account until after I move.
One lady in customer care had me all set to be shut-off on the 11th so I calmed down then 9 minutes later someone else calls back and said the supervisor said no. I couldn't believe it, and I even tried LIHEAP.
It is a few days and I have 2 people in my home severely disabled. I don't understand why I can't apply my deposit from 2 years ago that is just sitting there. I think that's very mean. I've never been shut-off in my life and she knows there's major issues with the heat. Thank you for your help with LIHEAP application and I appreciate it very much.