Electricity not paid in years

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Joanne
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Electricity not paid in years

Post by Joanne »

I am about 10 days away from having our electricity turned off. Because of our homes 50 year old heating system our monthly bills are enormous. Resulting in 4 years equaling over $5,000. My husband works 40 hours, 4 days week. His bring home 440 hours is approximately $415. His gross weekly income is approximately 750. I have tried to make payments but fortunately time off for my husband for medical issues company issues left us with no money. When he doesn't have 40 hours his bring home weekly is approximately $320. I do not have $6,000 to keep my electricity on. I have a truck my step-father left me we have been trying to sell that to get the money but no one has gotten it yet. I don't know what to do. I can't work due to a disability. And I am not on disability. We received absolutely no government help. Please help us. And you have my email. Thank you.
Bluetooth

Re: Electricity not paid in years

Post by Bluetooth »

To whom it may concern:
I, Gracie, live in a mobile home lot in which the trailer is owned by me and the electricity bill is years past due. But the lot rent ranges from $550-$591.00 per month. I need help in paying that until I get back on my feet with all my other bills. Plus also need Assistance with my electricity bill which ranges from $400-$500.00 a month for a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath mobile home, my ac unit is not working properly but I leave it running because I am disabled and I need to be inside due to asthma, diabetes, & sleep apnea. I have trouble breathing in this heat also. My mobile home is falling apart and I don't know what to do.
I live on my own, up until October 2022, and I had my nephew move in but he isn't really helping with bills, including electricity, due to unsteady jobs. Plus this passed March, I have a friend move in but she recently started working in June but broke her wrist on July 30th, 2023 and can't work Plus she doesn't have health insurance to get a doctor or have surgery on it. So I don't have help from neither of them. I am in debt due to car breaking down an bank errors.
So I really need to see if I can at least get some kind of assistance with my Rent or my electric bill. I've tried to get help for electric bill but my company is not on the list. Electricity is years past due like I said. Which is "Pulse Power of Texas" is not Eligible. My mobile home has holes in my bathroom floor and no insulation under mobile home & mildew in the bottom of my kitchen cabinets. Please help me somehow. I'm going on 4 years this month as a disabled widow and I don't know what to do.
My belated husband died after 4 days we moved here to Corpus Christi from Grand Prairie, TX in August of 2022
Please try and help me. I'll be greatly appreciative.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Electricity not paid in years

Post by Admin »

We have programs noted for Corpus Christi, including for electric bills. However not paying the bill in years makes it difficult. You probably have bad credit from that lack of payment too. But we do have charities and other agencies listed for the city of Corpus Christi, and look here for financial help.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... progr.html
Bluetooth wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:42 am My belated husband died after 4 days we moved here to Corpus Christi
Please try and help me. I'll be greatly appreciative.