Help With Phone Bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Graciecat
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help With Phone Bill

Postby Graciecat » Sat May 29, 2010 2:33 am

Hi,

This is my first post here, so Hi everyone!

I'm in the state of Pennsylvania I'm disabled and am on the Lifeline program for my phone bill.
I have so many other bills to pay that I have to pick and choose each month what bills to pay and which ones to let go...well the phone bill is the one that I've let go and now I have a disconnection notice for the 3rd of June.
My Social Security check does come on the 3rd, but if I pay the whole amount due to the phone company and all the other bills that must be paid I'll end up with 26 dollars left until my check comes in July....I can't live on 26 dollars for 28 days.

I talked to my neighbor who is also on Lifeline and she told me that she got a disconnection notice at one time and that she found a phone number to call that helped people on Lifeline with overdue phone bills, but of course she can't find the number now and doesn't remember where or who she got it from.

Does anyone know what the name of that program is, or what the phone number may be?
She told me that she thinks the Salvation Army had given her the phone number, but she's not sure.

I would be grateful for any help anyone could offer to help me find out what this program is, or if it even existes

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6253
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help With Phone Bill

Postby admin » Sun May 30, 2010 12:27 am

I think what you are looking for is the Pennsylvania Universal Telecommunications Assistance Program (UTAP). The UTAP program helps Verizon PA customers, and others, who qualify for Lifeline pay their overdue bills, avoid shut offs of their phone service, and restore basic local telephone service if it was disconnected. The phine number is 1-800-692-7380
Also, try this for a list of PA assistance programs
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html

Graciecat wrote:Hi,

This is my first post here, so Hi everyone!

I'm in the state of Pennsylvania I'm disabled and am on the Lifeline program for my phone bill.
I have so many other bills to pay that I have to pick and choose each month what bills to pay and which ones to let go...well the phone bill is the one that I've let go and now I have a disconnection notice for the 3rd of June.
My Social Security check does come on the 3rd, but if I pay the whole amount due to the phone company and all the other bills that must be paid I'll end up with 26 dollars left until my check comes in July....I can't live on 26 dollars for 28 days.

I talked to my neighbor who is also on Lifeline and she told me that she got a disconnection notice at one time and that she found a phone number to call that helped people on Lifeline with overdue phone bills, but of course she can't find the number now and doesn't remember where or who she got it from.

Does anyone know what the name of that program is, or what the phone number may be?
She told me that she thinks the Salvation Army had given her the phone number, but she's not sure.

I would be grateful for any help anyone could offer to help me find out what this program is, or if it even existes

Graciecat
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help With Phone Bill

Postby Graciecat » Sun May 30, 2010 1:21 am

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply.
I'll give them a call first thing on Tuesday morning.

Thanks again!

Loadw
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help With Phone Bill and electricity

Postby Loadw » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:52 am

This is OptimisticGold m I tried to register but the forum indicated that it is locked. I'm in need for assistance with my electric utility and phone. I lost my job as a teacher this year and I have been hitting the pavement daily looking for work, at this point and time I'll sweep floors. In order to continue with my job search my phone is needed to receive hopefully continued interviews and a job offer. Without electricity I will not be able to submit applications. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6253
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help With Phone Bill and electricity

Postby admin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:57 am

I think you mentioned you live in Ohio? If so, try the dollar energy fund. This program is started by customers and businesses who donate to it, and places like the Salvation Army distribute the monies to people who will have their service disconnected. It is pretty effective, and dollar energy helps thousands of people per year.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... und.html#v

shannon14
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help With Phone Bill

Postby shannon14 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:50 am

My husband and I are considerably behind with our phone bill. We do not have a land line we have cell phones and that is all we have for communication. We will be shut off this Friday. I need to know if there is anything or anyone that could help us so we can avoid disconnection. ASAP!!!!

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6253
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help With Phone Bill

Postby admin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am

Well, not really money to avoid a disconnection, but you can look into a free phone program partly funded by the government and your phone company. They are called Lifeline and Linkup. Both provide free phones, and even cell, to qualified low income people. So maybe let your current phone service be turned off, then sign up for these programs?

shannon14 wrote:My husband and I are considerably behind with our phone bill. We do not have a land line we have cell phones and that is all we have for communication. We will be shut off this Friday. I need to know if there is anything or anyone that could help us so we can avoid disconnection. ASAP!!!!

Zentec1
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:44 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help With Phone Bill

Postby Zentec1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:53 am

I ported my phone number from Sprint on 4/4/13. Virgin Assurance had a problem. They told me that they had to open an investigation and it would take 8 days. I spent many hours on the phone with them. They finally got it working on 4/12/13. On 4/14/13, it stopped working and they opened another investigation which would take up to 5 days. They closed that investigation because the account was closed by the computer. It is now 4/22/16 and I spent another 3.5 hours on the phone with them. I was told that they will try to reactivate the phone number but it could take another 5 days.
All I get from Virgin Assurance wireless are apologizes and being switched from one person to another after I tell what happened and then I have to tell what happened all over again Because of my health, it is very important for me to have my phone number back. It is the number that I have had for many years and it is the number that people have. Please help me.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6253
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help With Phone Bill

Postby admin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 pm

That company, Virgin, is part of the free government phone programs. So they need to abide by all the rules and regulations in place from the feds. When you call them, do not take an apology for an answer. You should escalate the issue, ask for a manger, and take it to the next level.

Zentec1 wrote: All I get from Virgin Assurance wireless are apologizes and being switched from one person to another after I tell what happened and then I have to tell what happened all over again Because of my health, it is very important for me to have my phone number back. It is the number that I have had for many years and it is the number that people have. Please help me.


Return to “Help With Utility Bills”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests