DSS not helping my daughter

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Howdy12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

DSS not helping my daughter

Post by Howdy12 »

Hello....I have a daughter who has 2 small children...a week ago their electricity got turned off and not a single person will help them...she just lost her job and her husband is working part time ... they are a low income family and really struggling to make ends meet.
She has tried getting help from DSS and Catholic Charities but they say they cannot help her.....she is very stressed out over this especially with 2 little kids and no place to turn to for help...please if there is anything you can advise for me to tell her or any way you can help them it would be so greatly appreciated.....thank you so much
Desperate Mother trying to help Family
Frapp

Re: DSS not helping my daughter

Post by Frapp »

Dear Assistance Staff,
How can I apply for assistance in paying utility bills to COMED (electric) and Nicor (natural gas)? I'm currently 3 months behind because of extreme reduction in income due to extended unemployment and DSS not very helpful to me or my daughter. Unemployment benefits will end this week and I have only been able to find part-time employment.
Thank you for your assistance. My contact information is listed below.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSS not helping my daughter

Post by Admin »

There are some programs, whether DSS, the federal government or some charities, that help single adults. Maybe your daughter can try on. They are harder to get of course, but there may be aid out there. Look here for single adult cash assistance.