Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Jon Cor Mac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Appalachian electric bills

Post by Jon Cor Mac »

Douglas Cherokee is a joke.
I went there in October 2017 and was handed a phone book and told to call some Church is. My income had just gone up because of the death of my ex-husband but income for the year had only been 10000. Appalachian electric cut my power off yesterday and temps going down in the 20's. I nearly froze. Office on aging is one woman and an office who knows nothing does nothing. Getting a loan from a church is another joke. Put in an application never hear from them. There is no help in Jefferson county.
SteveZell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Appalachian electric bills

Post by SteveZell »

Good afternoon. I'm not sure where to start for I've never asked for help for my Appalachian electric bills
I'm 55 years old and support daughter who has severe anxiety and depression, and my 6 yr old grandson.
I have always done what it took to provide for my family. I'm a nurse who has been working as a travel nurse. My last contract was abruptly ended with no time which left me without income. I began to pick up PRN shifts while looking for FT employment. The shifts available are in Columbia which entailed gas money to get to and from as well as hotel rooms if working consecutive days. Shifts were being canceled and money was being wasted on travel expenses.
I lost about a month of consistent income. I began work last week however that will take weeks to get paid.
I received a 30 day remit or quit notice stating all rent needs paid by October 12 and I am behind on my Appalachian electric bills. I have all but $248 for September however I cannot possibly get 248 plus 1795 for October by the 12th. The Appalachian electric bill is past due the water bill is past due. These feelings of failure are too much to bare.
I am physically falling apart, can't eat/vomiting/crying. I couldn't even provide a little birthday party or gifts to my grandson than alone a cake. I can't fathom being responsible for him in the streets. His clothes are too small and cupboards are thinning.
I can't focus on anything but finances. I don't think I will survive this. I've never asked for help. I'm pleading on my knees for help so I can get caught up and maintain the roof over our heads.
Please help me.
Thank you
Lisa