My South Jersey gas bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
babytime
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My South Jersey gas bills

Post by babytime »

South jersey gas company shut my gas down for about a month now. I am disability with 5 children in school. We find it difficult to cook or boil water to shower, to get connected I have to pay about $1,300. My children are crying in daily bases for the gas to be connect back. Please I need your help urgently, we are catholic family. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My South Jersey gas bills

Post by Admin »

Wait, is that the same as NJ Natural Gas? if so, then they have payment plans, financial assistance and other programs to try. Or is South Jersey a separate company? We do not know. Anyhow, try gas assistance programs in NJ Natural Gas for the support you need.
Edelman

Post by Edelman »

Hello,
My name is Anita.  I just became aware that my South Jersey gas bill is 6 months late.  My payment comes directly out of my checking account.  I was never notified by the gas company that I was late.  I went online to look at my amount for June.  It is $380.00.  I am on Social Security Disability and get only 1300.00 A month in New Jersey.
There is no way I can pay that amount to South Jersey, and pay other bills.
If you can give me information on how to get help paying this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No matter who your utility provider is in New Jersey, whether a gas or light company, then you can apply for LIHEAP in New Jersey. This is one of the main government financial assistance programs. They will often give priority to people on Social Security Disability like you, and $380 is not a terribly high amount to owe.
Edelman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am Hello,
My name is Anita.  I just became aware that my South Jersey gas bill is 6 months late.  My payment comes directly out of my checking account.  I was never notified by the gas company that I was late.  I went online to look at my amount for June.  It is $380.00.  I am on Social Security Disability and get only 1300.00 A month in New Jersey.