Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: My electric is overdue please help

Post by Admin »

If the bill is overdue, you are in an emergency situation for your electric bills. But if DTE is turning off the power today, your options are limited. You waited way too long to ask for help. If your income is $1800 per month, that should be enough to pay the basics such as utilities. Also, why don't you get a job? As if you have recurring income of $1800, that is crazy and you should be able to increase that easily by actually working. Anyway, here are the emergency electric bill assistance programs to try, and be sure to indicate you are disabled too.
Capture wrote:Please help my family. Our DTE energy bill is past due and shut off already. We live in a home with a finished basement and live in a swampy area if our sump pump doesn't have power the basement will flood! DTE sent me shutoff notice 2 days ago stating we had 5 days to try to get help.
But today we woke up to power being already shut off! DTE states they will restore services for $1400 and can turn right back on with a notice of commitment from whoever can help us. Thank you for any help or assistance, we all would really be appreciative. I have a wife and 3 kids as well. We are in desperate need. Thank you so much for any help as I am handicap and disabled as well as my wife who lost her job of 15 years due to medical conditions as well.
I have an income of 1800$ a month from two homes I have sold on land contracts. This is our only income at this time. We have filed for Medicare to help with doctor bills and prescriptions. We were approved and then denied within a month or two, we literally called our worker probably over 50 times and she will not return our calls at all. We are in really bad need of help!
Anger
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: My electric is overdue please help

Post by Anger »

My name is Mellissa. I live in a household with my finance, sister and two children under the age of 2. My sister recently lost employment and we have come up short this month for the electricity bill and it is overdue. We generally pay higher bills because we live in an old house and our only heating source are space heaters because we cannot use the furnace that was originally installed in the home due problems and safety. The local Hope Center will help with a portion of this electric bill but I do not have enough to cover the rest and it is still overdue. Can you please help??