Please Help.... Electric Bill in Virginia

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
justme91762
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Please Help.... Electric Bill in Virginia

Post by justme91762 »

Where can I find help with electric bill in Virginia? Have tried all charities, and community action. I became disabled in April of 09, still waiting for decision had to get an attorney to work on it. Husband wanted a divorce after finding out I was sick and I don't know where to turn. If anyone can help or knows of another place I my get some help PLEASE let me know. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Please Help.... Electric Bill in Virginia

Post by Admin »

What utility company? Without having more info, try American Electric Power, the Neighbor-to-Neighbor program, or try the Virginia Natural Gas EnergyShare assistance program, which can aid with energy bill payments if all alternatives available through social services and government programs have been exhausted. Other companies also offer the Energy share program.
Gronker

Post by Gronker »

Need help paying off an old electric bill from my old address in Norfolk Virginia in which I had to move from and move in with my parents because I lost my job. I have 3 children and only get 156 a month in child support; I’m trying to move into low income housing but can't because I have this bill that I can't pay on my own. I am looking for a new job as well but having a difficult time since I have a poor work history since I was a stay at home mom most of the time. Any advice you can give me would greatly be appreciated thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You owe money on an old bill? Call the utility company and work out a payment plan. They tend to be open to this when someone moved and is facing a hardship. There are also other laws and regulations in Virginia that may protect you. Or look into government financial aid. There are many options in the state, and learn more on low income utility programs in Virginia.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

I and my husband are struggling to pay our bills this month. We have a 4 year old with us and the electric bill is $184. They have given us an extension but we have to pay $95 by the 7th in order to keep the power on. Unfortunately, this is impossible for us to do this month. My husband is also deploying on the 7th so unexpected fees have come up. Please respond! Your urgency is critical. We live in Newport news VA 23601.
Hornet

Post by Hornet »

To whom it my concern; we are a family of 5. We have three kids and our electric and are water is about to get cut off tomorrow. I checked with local help and tried to call local church's.
No one has any funds. There was one place but the help three months ago and this is my last resort. If you could please call me and I live in Winchester VA.
Tomorrow is when they will cut off our electric and water. Tomorrow on Friday after 9 and if that happens it will be more to cut it back on.
tiyoshi

Post by tiyoshi »

I'm a 21 year old single mother of two. A one year old girl and a three year old boy, my daughter currently got very sick and was hospitalized and it caused me to miss several weeks of work. Now I got my electric bill and it is $375.94.
That’s the balance to keep from having a disconnect. I have no idea where or how I would come up with that money before December the 18th 2017. Please I need help!! My state is Virginia. Thank you so much! And please respond ASAP!
Joann

Post by Joann »

To whom this may concern. I, a single mother and resident from Norfolk, Virginia, is in desperate need for assistance with electric bills. I really need help paying my utility bill. If I don't pay it by 11/15/2018 my lights will be disconnected and my daughter and I will be forced to leave my apartment. I have nowhere else to go and I am really scared. Please, please help me. Sincerely,
Sonyradas

Post by Sonyradas »

To whom this may concern. I, a single mother and resident from Norfolk, Virginia, is in desperate need for electric assistance. I really need help paying my utility bill. If I don't pay it by 7/15/20158my lights will be disconnected and my daughter and I will be forced to leave my apartment. I have nowhere else to go and I am really scared. Please, please help me. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about relationship issues from another single mom. Try the Dominion energy bill assistance for that electric bill. Ask about payment plans and the like. Also pursue child support from the child's father.
Sonyradas wrote:To whom this may concern. I, a single mother and resident from Norfolk, Virginia.
johnson

Post by johnson »

Hello, I live in Virginia and have a cut off notice for Monday,April 22nd for my electric bill. I did not realize it was this close. I am between jobs and right now am not able to pay this bill and will need some assistance. I have a 5 year old daughter living in the home, 3 dogs, myself, and my husband. I was told you all help pay electric bills, so I am reaching out in hopes that this is possible!
Please let me know what it is I need to do to move forward. Thank you so much,
Gabrielle Sent from my iPhone