Electricity help for COPD patient

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JennyMay12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electricity help for COPD patient

Post by JennyMay12 »

Dear Sirs:
I have applied for energy assistance and weatherization help quite some time ago. I am currently 100 % disabled and totally unable to leave the house at times because of my COPD. My house is drafty and my front porch badly needs some attention and is causing drafts throughout the house. New windows and doors are also badly needed.
Just recently I have received a large electric bill and I need to apply for the Federal program HEAP. Does you agency assist with this? I am a veteran. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sonyradas

Re: Electricity help for COPD patient

Post by Sonyradas »

My husband and I are both disabled with COPD. He has had 5 heart attacks and 2 stroke is on a CPAP machine and I do chemo and have Rheumatoid arthritis and COPD and diabetes.
I have been without power since 1/28/2018. We moved into our trailer on 12/20/2017 and the power was already on so we assumed that the landlord had turned it on then on 1/28/2018 the power man came out and said it was unauthorized use so I called the landlord she said she didn't turn the power on. So I have been on the phone since 1/28/216 trying to get the power turned on in my name and they said I was responsible for that month of the bill even though I did not know it was unauthorized.
They are saying the bill is 1246.00 before they will do anything to turn my power on. I NEED HELP WITH THIS.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Many of the charities that offer free CPAP machines also offer referrals to financial assistance programs. They often have staff that can help people apply for grants or government aid, including LIHEAP. Also, ask your utility company about any programs that can help you get your power turned back on.
Sonyradas wrote:My husband and I are both disabled with COPD. He has had 5 heart attacks and 2 stroke is on a CPAP machine and I do chemo and have Rheumatoid arthritis and COPD and diabetes.
I have been without power since 1/28/2018. We moved into our trailer on 12/20/2017 and the power was already on so we assumed that the landlord had turned it on then on 1/28/2018 the power man came out and said it was unauthorized use so I called the landlord she said she didn't turn the power on. So I have been on the phone since 1/28/216 trying to get the power turned on in my name and they said I was responsible for that month of the bill even though I did not know it was unauthorized.
They are saying the bill is 1246.00 before they will do anything to turn my power on. I NEED HELP WITH THIS.
Savannah

Post by Savannah »

My name is Ms. Dennis I am in need of assistance for my rent and electricity utilities. I couldn’t work anymore because I have severe COPD and have been really ill. For a few years my daughter helps as much as she can but she has children I know any day now the constable will be at my door. I live in low income apartments. My rent wasn’t hundreds of dollars but I haven’t been able to pay it since June so I am way behind. I am in the process of hopefully getting disability but in the meantime my electricity bills are stacking up I have nowhere else to go or anyone that can continue to help. I am in Fort Worth Texas for electricity help. Please respond if you can help any way at all. Thank You for reading.
Sent from my iPhone