RG&E bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Decorator
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

RG&E bills

Post by Decorator »

Hi, I am a single mother of 4 children and going through some hardships at this time. My RG&E is due to shut off May 17, 2017 for the amount of $827.24. I have contacted RG&E for assistance in resolving this to avoid being shut off and they said they cannot help me. The lady I spoke with gave me a number to contact for heartshare project and they also cannot assist me. I have also contacted catholic charities and catholic families and again cannot assist me. I spoke to health commissioner just a few minutes ago and I stated my situation and informed me that RG&E should contact me within 48 hours.
He also suggested that I look up Salvation Army for assistance. This month and last month has been a very bad financially and emotionally for me. I have never been this backed up on my bills and its very stressful. I am also being told by landlord that if I don't pay last month’s rent within 2 weeks he is starting an eviction. Not to mention I still owe this month still. I have lived in my house for 9 years now and I don't want to have to leave.
I have 4 children 1 of which has a disability. I don't know who else to turn to for any help. Can you please contact me. If you can assist me or give me some alternatives or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: RG&E bills

Post by Admin »

We have tons of Rochester Gas and electric assistance programs listed. Use our main page for information on plans and financial aid.
Decorator wrote:Hi, I am a single mother of 4 children and going through some hardships at this time. My RG&E is due to shut off May 17, 2017 for the amount of $827.24. I have contacted RG&E for assistance in resolving this to avoid being shut off and they said they cannot help me. The lady I spoke with gave me a number to contact for heartshare project and they also cannot assist me. I have also contacted catholic charities and catholic families and again cannot assist me. I spoke to health commissioner just a few minutes ago and I stated my situation and informed me that RG&E should contact me within 48 hours.
He also suggested that I look up Salvation Army for assistance. This month and last month has been a very bad financially and emotionally for me. I have never been this backed up on my bills and its very stressful. I am also being told by landlord that if I don't pay last month’s rent within 2 weeks he is starting an eviction. Not to mention I still owe this month still. I have lived in my house for 9 years now and I don't want to have to leave.
I have 4 children 1 of which has a disability. I don't know who else to turn to for any help. Can you please contact me. If you can assist me or give me some alternatives or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Astroburner

Post by Astroburner »

Hi, I live with my daughter who is 11 years & my son who is 16 years & is autistic. Our RG&E electric has been has been off for 4 weeks and are gas for 6 weeks. I spent all day yesterday at Social Services, applying for heap and trying to work out a payment plan with RG&E. All of my attempts were unsuccessful due to the fact that heap right now is only going to your heating source which is my NYSEG. They can't make a payment to NYSEG due to the fact that my RG&E is off which is my electric which is needed to run the furnace. I owe too much to pay RG&E off directly. I also owe DSS from a previous loan of $266 if I can come up with that money I can pay off my loan from DSS and get both of my utilities turned back on. If not then I have to wait until January and Go the whole time with no utilities. So I am trying to inquire if I can get assistance to pay off the $266 to DSS. We live in Shortsville New York which is Ontario County. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to try to workout a payment plan with RG&E, also try HEAP in New York. That social service office should advice you on that option, and look here for details on HEAP applications. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... izati.html
Astroburner wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:47 am Hi, I live with my daughter who is 11 years & my son who is 16 years & is autistic. Our RG&E electric has been has been off for 4 weeks and are gas for 6 weeks. I spent all day yesterday at Social Services, applying for heap and trying to work out a payment plan with RG&E.