Duke Power bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Gail
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Duke Power bill

Post by Gail »

And the reason am asking for help it's that I owe for my electric bill for the amount of $700 to Duke power. I am a single mother of two. I lost my job on November of this year and do that my 6 Month baby was sick and I called out. My bills got accumulated and I have a no income coming into the house trying to cash up but it's impossible. Please feel free to call me.
Cara

Re: Duke Power bill

Post by Cara »

Hi, I am on a fixed income. I receive SSI. I haven't never gotten any help but I need help cause my lights will be turned off on the 23rd of this month and I don't get a check until the first of the month but still Duke will not help me. I have my daughter and cannot be in the dark. I need HELP PLEASE.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While you did not say what state (as Duke Power has multiple operations) we will provide you some general information. As there are programs to try, and they are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
But these are state dependent....some are offered in say NC and some may be in OH....it just depends.
Jillian

Post by Jillian »

We are moving into a place and put the power in my sons name cause I owed money to Duke Energy but somehow they got me by my phone number so I had to do a check by phone just so we can have power . But with not enough funds it’s going to be a problem. If there is any help out there I’m willing to make payments on whatever I may eligible for, please help us. Thank you.
Ford999

Post by Ford999 »

Hi. I’m in need of help to get caught up on my Duke power bill. I’m a single mom of a 17 year old daughter, I’m on disability from my heart condition and bladder disease. I have had a series of high bills during winter to keep my house warm. I feel as the I’m sinking further and further down even though I am doing the best I can with what I have available. Most months I cannot afford shampoo/necessities etc., or I have to choose between power or more food for my daughter when I will not eat just so I make sure she has food every day. I am grateful for all we do get cause without that; I wouldn’t have anything. I’m in need of Duke Power bill help as soon as possible. Thank you for reading this, I hope you have a good day.
Sami Parker

Post by Sami Parker »

Hi my name is Sandra. I am a Duke Power company in North Carolina. I live in Wake County. I had been trying to catch this bill up. Was making installment payment, plus regular monthly payment. That was until my Mother passed on April 10, 2023. I totally forgot that installment payment in my grief over losing my Mom. This was on top of losing my Husband of 25 years. The world as I knew it was gone. I called Duke power customer service department to talk about the bill.
I have never been more mad, dumb founded hurt. As I was trying to tell this lady why that payment was not made that month, she told me my Mom's death should not have had anything to do with that payment. Proceeded to tell me that payment would have to be made. I had to set up another payment plan and I was only allowed a 6 month plan instead of the 1 1/2 year plan. I was to make that payment plus the power bill also. I told her their would be no way could I afford to pay that. So, that started the cycle of put me on a payment plan that I could not pay. So there would be the next month a cut off notice. I would call and set up another payment plan knowing full well I could not afford to pay it. That continued until a week ago yesterday they cut my power off and to have it cut back on I had to pay be the full balance that was due $2,742.20. I could not find enough help to pay that. I called the utilities commission
They got them down to be $1484.00 on the Duke Power bill. I do have 500 of that. I have no idea how to get the rest. Please help me.
Sandra