Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
AFCcontender
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home with no electricity and DV survivor lives there

Post by AFCcontender »

To whom it may concern:
I am working with a client that is in a severe domestic violence relationship. Her partner is currently incarcerated, and we are working to obtain safe housing for her prior to his release. She is currently residing in a home with no electricity, due to a previous debt amount to Knoxville Utilities Board in her name of $419.36.
KUB reported that she can have electricity added to her home by paying $200 deposit, and half of her debt owed $200, then they can put the remainder on a payment plan for her. Due to the fact that her name is tied to her abusers account, and other agencies have assisted her abuser on his bill previously, I am struggling to find funds available to assist her with this crisis. IF you can point me in the right direction to help this young lady, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
Mander56
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Home with no electricity and DV survivor lives there

Post by Mander56 »

My name is Karissa Keck and I'm a single mother of 3 daughters and we are domestic violence survivors. I need help paying my water/sewer bill,  electricity bill that have been disconnected for some time now. I haven't worked in more than 6 months because of some family hardship and mental illness I was just diagnosed with from the DV. I'm now seeking treatment and have registered for college classes at catch in beau Claire, WI. I'm going for my associate degree in paralegal.  Please help me get my life back on track with electricity and other bills. As of now I have no income.
Thanks,