DHS decision on electric programs

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Megan McDonald
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

DHS decision on electric programs

Post by Megan McDonald »

I have a shut off notice for my electricity, and if it gets shut off I will be in violation of my lease and will lose my housing for myself and my 2 kids (18 and 21), the youngest is still in high school. I have a decision from DHS which says I have to pay $210, but need help coming up with that. Any advice you may have would be welcome and appreciated. Thank you.
McCann1

Re: DHS decision on electric programs

Post by McCann1 »

I've contacted my local DHS department who has helped pay up my heat and electric bill however my small town of Kingston Michigan does not have a vendor ID number so DHS is unable to make a decision. DHS is unable to help me get caught up on my delinquent water/sewer/garbage bill. I have contacted United way who gave me a few numbers but all places have already been exhausted of their funds and also cannot help with my electric bills. I am afraid when the state of emergency is over my water will be turned off and me and my children will not be able to have it turned back on due to limited cash. Currently I am on state aid and I receive food benefits as well as medical, is there a local place that can help me get current on my water bill and make a decision for me one way or the other? Again, I live in Kingston, Michigan. thank you so much for any help feel free to contact me by phone as well.
Sincerely,
Ajai

Re: DHS decision on electric programs

Post by Ajai »

I desperately need some resources to help me with housing and electric programs with DHS. I am currently going through the disability process and have fallen behind in rent and have received a handwritten eviction notice. I already do not have gas and electric in my house and now I am about to lose the house too. I do not know what to do or where to turn for electric bill help other than DHS, as I am not from Louisville. It's so cold in my house I already am having to stay in hotels and I am awfully close to being on the streets. Please help me.
Thank you,
Raven