Heat pump

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Gronk
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Heat pump

Post by Gronk »

Thanks, I was trying to tell you I got a new heat pump from Multnomah County. And now my bill jumped an extra $125 a month because the system has not worked properly. It is costing me more money. I have had it a little over a year. So don't want to sound ungrateful.
But the very program to save me money has put my electric bill thru the roof. I think Multnomah weatherization program is not good. Could someone call me would like to talk to someone before I talk to BBB.
Thee Ripper
anti spam: Blue

Re: Heat pump

Post by Thee Ripper »

I meet all qualifications to receive assistance.
The central heat pump is in need of repair. Emergency heat was used the entire winter months. The lack of temperature control over time, has caused me health issues. I also have children, I am BEGGING.
Please contact me ASAP.
Terty

Post by Terty »

I live in VA and will begin drawing SSDI next month. I was wondering if there is a program than can help me to purchase a heat pump. Maybe a church or an organization that will at least discuss some options that I may qualify for.
I live in a really small house and my electric bill runs 200.00 to 280.00 a month in the winter. In the summer I just use a fan to keep my electric bill down. I have an electric furnace in my house. I have been told it’s too big for my house and that is why my electric bill is running so much.
I am in hopes of getting assistance to purchase a heat pump to get my electric bill down to be affordable.
Bellion

Post by Bellion »

To whom it may concern,
I just purchased a home through the government on November 31st 2016. I am 59 & disabled. I bought as is. Soon as I moved in....the heat pump messed up. Paid $245.00 to have the fan & condenser replaced....then it broke again so the man's son came out - I was told the unit is 19 years old & it needed replacing.
In meantime I had him fix back up auxiliary & thermostat that cost another $220.00. I'm keeping it on 62' but it's COLD in here. I'm disabled and live on $1,220 a month with a mortgage of $635.00 a month. My 1st heat bill was $238.00. I just got an email informing me that this month’s electric bill is $415.00. I don't have it and need help desperately. With the heat bill AND a new heat pump. Can you please help me out? Thanks for your time and efforts. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you paid $245 to fix the fan on the heat pump, and it broke right away, then it should be under warranty. So call the contractor.
Now how is one months heating bill over $400? That is outrageous. Something is seriously wrong with how you are heating your home...unless you live in a castle. Turn down the thermostat, repair caulking, patch up windows, etc. Then look into these heating system repair programs.
Bellion wrote:To whom it may concern,
I just purchased a home through the government on November 31st 2016. I am 59 & disabled. I bought as is. Soon as I moved in....the heat pump messed up. Paid $245.00 to have the fan & condenser replaced....then it broke again so the man's son came out - I was told the unit is 19 years old & it needed replacing.