Recovering from knee surgery and need electric bill help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Trichet
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Recovering from knee surgery and need electric bill help

Post by Trichet »

I am in need of help with my electric bill. I am disabled and have had 9 surgeries in the past 3 years, including a couple on my knee. The last one being 4 weeks ago a knee joint replacement. I have fallen behind on my bill and need some help to get caught up. I would appreciate any assistance that I may qualify for. Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sylvia1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Recovering from knee surgery and need electric bill help

Post by Sylvia1 »

I'm 23 years old. I had knee surgery back in February of 2016 and because of that since then my knee hasn't been the same. I cannot stand walk or run for any amount of time without discomfort and because I don't have a job I wasn't able to continue going to physical therapy or doctors’ appointments because of co-pays that I did not have.
I have been granted food stamps and I need financial assistance for electric bills.
Please anything at all would help. I'm a resident of Pittsylvania county in Gretna Virginia 24557 is my zip code my phone number.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For financial assistance, try LIHEAP in virginia. Maybe you can get a grant. Also inquire into various payment plans with your utility company. They are all listed here, on the site at Virginia utility bill assistance programs.
Sylvia1 wrote:I need financial assistance for electric bills.
Please anything at all would help. I'm a resident of Pittsylvania county in Gretna Virginia 24557 is my zip code my phone number.
SeeMe

Post by SeeMe »

Hello, I'm Tamara     I'm seeking emergency assistance in Richmond, Virginia for my utility bill as I am recovering from knee surgery. I currently have a disconnection notice that's due for disconnection in 5 days. I’ve been to my local Department Social Services they gave me a list of churches and organizations to contact, well I did and either there were no funds, or they didn't participate in assistance. I’ve been laid off my job for a month now and currently seeking employment, no luck so far. I have three children that lives with me, all in school and one disabled. My home is total electric. I'm in desperate need of help for the electric bills as I recover from knee surgery. This is my last option I don't know where else to turn. PLEASE HELP??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are recovering from knee surgery, have you applied for FMLA or disability? As maybe those can get you short term financial relief. There are also emergency LIHEAP grants in Virginia as well as other resources, like charities. Find .emergency financial help in Richmond VA.
SeeMe wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 am Hello, I'm Tamara     I'm seeking emergency assistance in Richmond, Virginia for my utility bill as I am recovering from knee surgery. I currently have a disconnection notice that's due for disconnection in 5 days. I’ve been to my local Department Social Services they gave me a list of churches and organizations to contact, well I did and either there were no funds, or they didn't participate in assistance. I’ve been laid off my job for a month now and currently seeking employment, no luck so far. I have three children that lives with me, all in school and one disabled. My home is total electric. I'm in desperate need of help for the electric bills as I recover from knee surgery. This is my last option I don't know where else to turn. PLEASE HELP??