Need electric help asap

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
meandmythreeshadows
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need electric help asap

Post by meandmythreeshadows »

need help paying large electric bill 3000.00. medical condition. Electric is OFF. Afraid pipes will freeze.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need electric help asap

Post by Admin »

Try the Michigan Home Heating Credit
It is a Michigan state tax credit that can assist low and moderate income families living in Michigan with the cost of heating their homes. The Credit is based on household income, the number of exemptions claimed and the home's actual heating costs. Dial 1-800-827-4000 to learn more or apply. Applications, E-filing and more informtaion is available at:

Another option is the State Emergency Relief (SER), which provides limited assistance to Michigan households with low income who have an emergency that threatens their health or safety.

Last, but not least, The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW). This is run by an independent non-profit charity organization, and THAW distributes funds for bill-payment assistance across the state and promotes energy conservation, weatherization and energy efficiency education. THAW partners with several utility companies, who provide funding to administer and operate the program. Most match customer and other donations dollar for dollar and all contributions go directly to low-income bill payments.
1-800-866-8429

Also, ask your utility or gas company for help.
ReggieLaf

Re: Need electric help asap in Los Angeles

Post by ReggieLaf »

Hello my name is LaFaye and I currently live in Los Angeles, Ca & I am currently seeking assistance with paying my electric & water bills. I am a single mother of 4 children & at this time I am going threw a finicial crisis & need assitance. Money is tight and bills are tough to pay. Please contact me back if your able to assit me.

Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Los Angeles electric and natural gas bill assistance exists. The link below provides much info. In addition, so more specifics include the following:

PG&E offers the Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA). Call the utility company and ask them about it. Basically what it does it is a rate reduction program for large households of multiple family members, which is three or more people with low incomes.

Souther California Edison runs the Energy Assistance Fund, which provides low to moderate income people with a one-time cash grant/financial assistance of $100 during a one-year period. 800-205-8596

The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program is offered by all companies. It is for eligible customers and it will give all people a 20 percent discount on electric and natural gas bills. You need to ask your utility company about applying for CARE.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
weinbergm95

Post by weinbergm95 »

Hello,

I been searching for help,I live in Indianapolis,In
I been searching for help and I keep getting denied..
I just recently lost my job and my previous employer refuse to file for unemployment..
I have 2 daughters and they both asthmatics..
What emI suppose to do...
Am not getting any help...
Can u please supply me with information on getting utility assistances..
Indianapolis,Indiana
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How can they focus to file unemployment? Were you fired for cause, like stealing? I would like into that. You can speak to an attorney for free. Use the find free legal advise section of the main website.
In the meantime, here are various assistance programs for Indianapolis and Marion County Indiana.
Catholic Charities of Indianapolis has many programs for low income individuals, including financial assistance for bills and debts. (phone # 317.466.0015)
Of course another is the Community Action of Greater Indianapolis, Inc., which is a non profit that can direct you to grant programs, financial aid, and many other services. Dial (317) 396-180.
Definitely speak to an attorney in Indianapolis though
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... y_*.html
weinbergm95 wrote:Hello,

I been searching for help,I live in Indianapolis,In
I been searching for help and I keep getting denied..
I just recently lost my job and my previous employer refuse to file for unemployment..
I have 2 daughters and they both asthmatics..
What emI suppose to do...
Am not getting any help...
Can u please supply me with information on getting utility assistances..
Indianapolis,Indiana
ingridtolf

Post by ingridtolf »

I have a special needs son that requires 24 hour care, so we only have 1 income. national grid in Rhode Island is petitioning the rhode island department of public utilities to shut off my electric because i can't pay my utility bill or past due balance on my electric bills. I live in Rhode Island and I need immediate help for paying these bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You really have a special needs son and they are threatening a disconnection? I think that is illegal. Utility companies do not want bad press like that, and I think disabled are almost always offered special programs. Here is a link for programs in Rhode Island, some of which can help with utilities. Also if you look at the left margin you will find how to get free legal help. You should explore that option too, as I do think it is illegal.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
ingridtolf wrote:I have a special needs son that requires 24 hour care, so we only have 1 income. national grid in Rhode Island is petitioning the rhode island department of public utilities to shut off my electric because i can't pay my utility bill or past due balance on my electric bills. I live in Rhode Island and I need immediate help for paying these bills.
LewisSa1

Post by LewisSa1 »

Washington State Hi my name is Elizabeth i'm a military spouse my husband is currenlty stationed at Joint Base Lewis Mcchord. We are struggling Financially and really need assistance with our Electric bills or there gonna be shut off as well as our phone. My husband is in the process of being discharge from the military and I just don't know what to do. It is not right that someone serving the country cab be in this type of bind. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are in Lewis County? Not right that power can be shut off for military families and spouses. Here are some agencies and programs that may help in your area. Love INC of Lewis County, while mostly focus on rent, may know of some utility programs. Call (360) 748 - 8611. Try calling the Community Action Lewis County (360) 438-1100 funds may be available, and most of the money comes from private donations, but still many programs may be offered. Also try calling your base as personnel may know of special government programs for spouses or military people to help with energy bills.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lew ... rogra.html
LewisSa1 wrote:Washington State Hi my name is Elizabeth i'm a military spouse my husband is currenlty stationed at Joint Base Lewis Mcchord. We are struggling Financially and really need assistance with our Electric bills or there gonna be shut off as well as our phone. My husband is in the process of being discharge from the military and I just don't know what to do. It is not right that someone serving the country cab be in this type of bind. Thanks
Wertas

Post by Wertas »

My electric is getting shut off next week. I owe 2200 dollars. I have electric heat and have had a problem paying it all winter and I could not keep up with the deferred payments of 1000 a month from Dec-Feb. I have 2 smaller children at home and I have also contacted every organization possible including churches, Social Services and Salvation Army and many organizations are out of funding! Without electricity I can not use my fridge or stove and have no way to cook for my children. If anyone has any more information on assistance that will help me quickly, it would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you have taking many of the correct steps such as calling the Salvation Army, looking into LIHEAP, your local social services office, etc. Some other financial assistance, weatherization and grant programs in Arizona are referenced at this link. Not sure if they can help as owning over 2 grand is alot of money. How did you get this far behind? Regardless, make some more calls and ask about these programs, such as Home Energy Assistance Fund phone number 602-604-0640. Also learn about assistance programs that are offered from your utility provider in Arizona.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ari ... energ.html
Wertas wrote:My electric is getting shut off next week. I owe 2200 dollars. I have electric heat and have had a problem paying it all winter and I could not keep up with the deferred payments of 1000 a month from Dec-Feb. I have 2 smaller children at home and I have also contacted every organization possible including churches, Social Services and Salvation Army and many organizations are out of funding! Without electricity I can not use my fridge or stove and have no way to cook for my children. If anyone has any more information on assistance that will help me quickly, it would be appreciated.
BrianMac

Post by BrianMac »

I have two boys 3 and 4 yrs old and our electric has been cut off. My bill is $1,789 Which i understand is extremely high, this has been something that has been very hard for me to get on top of. This bill dates back over 9 yrs and started when I was still living at home as a teenager and family members used my information without my knowledge to get electric service. I can not find any help locally and am all out of options Liheap is out of funds and our Salvation army is only helping with gas. If there is anyone who know of any programs or can help in any kind of way please do. I am financially restricted and all my boys want to do is watch a movie on their own tv. Thank u for taking the time to read this. Bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How is your bill that high? Is that an error? Something wrong with that. Regardless, New Jersey utility assistance programs operate and can be a great resource for you. New Jersey Natural Gas has the Gift of Warmth fund to ensure a disconnection doesn't occur. And New Jersey SHARES (Statewide Heating Assistance and Referral for Energy Services) is also of course an incredible resource to call. That phone number is 1-866-657-4273. It is a statewide program.
BrianMac wrote:I have two boys 3 and 4 yrs old and our electric has been cut off. My bill is $1,789 Which i understand is extremely high, this has been something that has been very hard for me to get on top of. This bill dates back over 9 yrs and started when I was still living at home as a teenager and family members used my information without my knowledge to get electric service. I can not find any help locally and am all out of options Liheap is out of funds and our Salvation army is only helping with gas. If there is anyone who know of any programs or can help in any kind of way please do. I am financially restricted and all my boys want to do is watch a movie on their own tv. Thank u for taking the time to read this. Bless you.
Trichet

Post by Trichet »

I need help with getting my electric bill paid in Georgia. I was just approved for unemployment but it could be a month before I get my first check and my power could be turned off before then. I only need help with this one electric bill and after that I will have my unemployment first check. I've never received assistance for anything like this and I'm hoping I can get help just this once. I hate asking for help but I really need it at this point. Nobody in my family is financially stable enough to help me and without power, I have no internet to look for steady, full time employment. I'm only asking for help this one time. I am desperate now and beyond stressed out. I've never asked for a handout before and am truly embarrassed to be asking now. I pray that you can assist me. Even if it's only for a portion. Thanking you in advance for you help! God Bless you for anything you can do!