Money for South Dakota utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Jbgood
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Money for South Dakota utilities

Post by Jbgood »

I am a mother of 2 young kids, live in South Dakota, and just started making more money but haven't seen the difference yet because I am behind on my bills and cannot get caught up. I live in SD and my Mid-American Energy bill is currently $255.33 which is set for disconnection and my Xcel Energy bill is $419.02 which is also set for disconnection. Right now the little money I have is going to food and daycare, so I need help with my utility bill too. Please help!
Mills

Re: Money for South Dakota utilities

Post by Mills »

I am a resident of Watertown, Codington county, SD. I am a wife & stay at home mother of 3 small boys. Ages 3, 2, & 1. My husband works full time as a cook and does not make much money.
I am in the state energy assistance program who has informed me that they can pay all but $159.03 of the entire Bill; which is a total of $481.37 we have been trying to come up with the money but no luck. I have contacted other resources but am ineligible for their assistance.
My disconnect notice is dated for November 30. But the utilities company informed me that we had until Wednesday December 2 at 8 a.m. to pay or my account will be closed & I will have to pay another deposit plus re-connection fees. My husband won't get paid any money until next week. Is there any other assistance programs I can try?
Cman15

Re: Money for South Dakota utilities

Post by Cman15 »

Hi my name is Tara. We have a family here in south Dakota that Is in need of help to get there electric utilities back on. Mr. and Mrs. Richard is raising 4 of their grandkids. Plus has a young son of their own. The father has just recently went back to work due to health reason a surgery.  They have been through a lot this year.
Mrs. Richard has lost her brother and her very youngest sister is passing from cancer.  Mr. and Richard daughter had to be in a safe havens because she was domestic abuse. And that is there 4 grandkids with the mother. Now I have been calling a trying to seek those help and get some money for utilities. And it seems this town / State of SD doesn’t not have emergency help for family like them. Which is very sad to see. So if you could so kindly get back to me I appreciate it.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely, Mrs. Tara