About to lose my electricity in Minnesota

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Ram
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

About to lose my electricity in Minnesota

Post by Ram »

Hello,
I live at Shakopee Minnesota 55379. I have a Crisis situation. I live off fixed income, I receive 739.00 month Social Security for my daughter whom is mentally ill. On May 1st as usual I went to SA and purchased 2 Money orders, while shopping for household items I forgot to grab my bag that had both of my money orders in it. I've been trying this whole month to borrow money to pay my rent and electricity bill.
I was unable to get the money together. My electricity was turned off yesterday and I face eviction from my low income dwelling if I don't have my rent of 167.00 dollars in by Tomorrow. I don't know what to do anymore, I fear that I and my daughter will not have a place to live. Please help I'm in desperate need.
I don't currently have a phone to be reached, though my friend says he will take messages for me.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: About to lose my electricity in Minnesota

Post by Admin »

No way you will get $167 by tomorrow for electricity bills or anything else. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to ask for help. You should have known that you would have financial difficulties when your SS income is only $739 per month. Even in Minnesota, where cost of living is less. Here are some options to try, and click here Minnesota energy assistance programs.
Ram wrote:Hello,
I live at Shakopee Minnesota 55379. I have a Crisis situation. I live off fixed income, I receive 739.00 month Social Security for my daughter whom is mentally ill. On May 1st as usual I went to SA and purchased 2 Money orders, while shopping for household items I forgot to grab my bag that had both of my money orders in it. I've been trying this whole month to borrow money to pay my rent and electricity bill.
I was unable to get the money together. My electricity was turned off yesterday and I face eviction from my low income dwelling if I don't have my rent of 167.00 dollars in by Tomorrow. I don't know what to do anymore, I fear that I and my daughter will not have a place to live. Please help I'm in desperate need.
I don't currently have a phone to be reached, though my friend says he will take messages for me.