need help finding programs to help with electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
boopluver
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help finding programs to help with electric bill

Post by boopluver »

I live in ohio...i am behind on my electric bill...i tried to get them to work with me and split my bill up and add to the next one but they wanted me to pay 170 some dollars...now if i did not have the beginning one how would i get that much i have had to miss work because of the bad weather here in ohio these last few weeks and with all my other bills and being a single person i am having trouble making ends meet...i have already applied for my heap and emergency heap but i heat with gas so that does not help my electricity...i have medical bills mounting up because i have to pay the other bills like rent etc i am not sure i can go to the salvation army as i went last year but i went in may and not sure they will let me start all over again in january i know you can only go once a year for help from them...i am at my wits end and my electric bill keeps mounting...i have the extension on this one but then another one will be due the first part of next month along with my next bill...i already now owe them over 370 dollars...my elec is high cause i had not received my gas and had to use space heaters to keep warm....is there any help in the state of ohio
helper

Re: need help finding programs to help with electric bill

Post by helper »

There are some programs in Ohio. Try the Winter Reconnect Program. This program allows most households in Ohio that have been disconnected or are threatened with disconnection due to non-payment of a utility bill to have service restored during the winter months by paying either the total amount they owe or $175, whichever is less, plus a reconnection fee of no more than $20. Consumers can use the winter reconnect program through April 15. There is no income eligibility requirement for the winter reconnect program. Income-eligible households can use Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (E-HEAP) funds for the $175 payment. Consumers can apply for the winter reconnect program in person at a local community action agency or by calling their utility company.

Contact your local community action agency in Ohio and ask about this program. Or others for that matter.

Also, try HeatShare. Designed to assist those in need with heating bills during the winter season. Ask your utility company about it.
TheRack4U

Post by TheRack4U »

Dear Need Help Paying Bills:
Thank you tremendously for your website! I never knew about LIHEAP being a Federal program. I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia and cannot find a community action center here to apply for LIHEAP Crisis Assistance. My electricity was cut off 3 days ago and I'm freezing. I read how LIHEAP will pay for emergency reconnection which means I don't have to freeze this weekend and tonight or go hungry for 3 more days until the start of next week. I just can't find anywhere in Virginia to apply except in Fairfax and that is only for Fairfax residents. Whatever you can do to help me apply for this today helps, but your website has been the greatest help of all. Thank you so much for it and for the time and dedication of everyone who set it up.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Thank you for the comments and you are welcome. We try to help as many people as possible. There are places in Virginia Beach, but if you do want to look into other parts of the state, here are your Fairfax Virginia assistance programs. You can always try calling the different programs in say Fairfax and ask them for advice or more local resources too.
TheRack4U wrote:Dear Need Help Paying Bills:
Thank you tremendously for your website! I never knew about LIHEAP being a Federal program. I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia and cannot find a community action center here to apply for LIHEAP Crisis Assistance. My electricity was cut off 3 days ago and I'm freezing. I read how LIHEAP will pay for emergency reconnection which means I don't have to freeze this weekend and tonight or go hungry for 3 more days until the start of next week. I just can't find anywhere in Virginia to apply except in Fairfax and that is only for Fairfax residents. Whatever you can do to help me apply for this today helps, but your website has been the greatest help of all. Thank you so much for it and for the time and dedication of everyone who set it up.
Preta1

Post by Preta1 »

I am a single disabled mom of four looking for utility bill assistance in Cobb County Georgia. My only income is social security disability. I have applied for Veterans Disability assistance because I am a Desert Storm Veteran but was denied because of a couple of months short of active duty during Desert Storm. I also have custody of my God Daughter she is 4 years old. I receive only medical for my God Daughter and my children. I need help in finding out how I can receive help to take care of her and information on adoption assistance. Information on agencies that can help with utility and or section 8 information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

A MOTHER OF 8 CHILDREN, FIVE WHOM CURRENTLY RESIDES WITH ME AND ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE PLUS A GRAND-CHILD. I AM EMPLOYED HOWEVER HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMED WITH BILLS AND IN THE PROCESS MY ELECTRIC & GAS SERVICE WAS DISCONNECTED FOR NON-PAYMENT. THE BILL IS CURRENTLY OVER $2000.00 AND I NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE.
Sutherland

Post by Sutherland »

I live in Warner Robins Georgia. I have gone to many different places and asked many different people if they could assist me with help with my bills. I do not have very expensive bills, but with no one working in the home at this time I'm struggling badly. My daughter lost her job and TANF has giving my kids the run around they want even be able to get their kids Christmas Toys. I was doing my online classes, but with the struggle I almost have to drop out do to financial issues. My gas is two months behind and it is about $87.00 and my lights are about the same close to $90.00. I have Flint Energies. I really can live without the gas, but I really need the electric. PS I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to be sending emails. I just been trying everything I can to get some assistance, when you not able to get around. I don't even have a car to get to other places. Help me if you can.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, this is the right place to send emails. While you say you can live without gas, the good news is that there is assistance for all types of utility bills, including electric, gas, and others in Georgia. A lot will really depend on who your energy company is too. So while you did not mention them, we can provide you some general information. Find the details on these resources here. Read Georgia utility assistance programs.
Clearchoice

Post by Clearchoice »

Hello I ran across your website. I live in Maurertown VA in Shenandoah county and I am in desperate need of electric assistance. My bill is almost 800 dollars and I just cant pay that. There are 4 of us in the house and my fiance is disabled and doesn’t work but is not receiving disability.

I have a 7 year old daughter and 22 year old daughter. They are threatening to shut us off. I don’t know what to do. Is there any grants or anything that could help us. I’m beyond worried and unsure what to do. Any info would be nice. Getting caught up on this is all I want for Christmas. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is your 22 year old daughter working? Why can't she contribute to the $800 bill. Also, how is it possible to run up the utilities that much in Virginia? That is a low of money. You need to work heard, look into payment plans, and more. So locate and read more utility bill help in Virginia.
Clearchoice wrote:Hello I ran across your website. I live in Maurertown VA in Shenandoah county and I am in desperate need of electric assistance. My bill is almost 800 dollars and I just cant pay that. There are 4 of us in the house and my fiance is disabled and doesn’t work but is not receiving disability.

I have a 7 year old daughter and 22 year old daughter. They are threatening to shut us off. I don’t know what to do. Is there any grants or anything that could help us. I’m beyond worried and unsure what to do. Any info would be nice. Getting caught up on this is all I want for Christmas. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely
Yankee_fan

Post by Yankee_fan »

I first need an appointment to recertify with HEAP and need help with that program for my electric bills. I also need additional assistance because I will be switching from First Energy to CPP and there is a slight balance to be paid before they will turn on the electric. I receive a SSI check and don't know how I will be able to do this without help. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!Thank you in advance.