Electric bills on Medicaid

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Hornet
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Electric bills on Medicaid

Post by Hornet »

I am looking for help in paying my electric bill every month. I am on Medicare and Medicaid. I moved from Michigan after my marriage of 30 years and being together for 34 years. I had to leave Michigan to try and restart my life over and be around my family. I am on disability thru Medicare and get help with food and medical only thru Medicaid.
I finally found an apartment but it’s all electric where I am living at. My electric is paid in full right now but it doesn't leave me much money to get thru the month to buy essentials I need and to do my laundry here or put gas in my car. I just recently underwent low back major surgery using Medicaid and still have a nurse and physical therapist that comes in three days out of the week. If you could give me the help I am looking for or direct me to the proper place to get this help for my electric I would be very grateful. Thank you again for your time.
W Dubler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric bills on Medicaid

Post by W Dubler »

I am a single dad with 2 boys at home. I can't find a job that I qualify for, so we are on Medicaid. I drive truck and don't have endorsements on my CDL for hazmat or doubles. Jobs I qualify for without them are beyond my physical abilities.
I've tried 2 jobs. Worked one for 4 days and couldn't handle it and the other I only lasted a day. And my back still hurts. My electric bill is closing in on $600 and my rent is behind 2 months as of today, April 4, 2017. I did get on food assistance but need to find work to pay my electricity.