Power being shut off on senior with heart condition

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Colemand
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Power being shut off on senior with heart condition

Post by Colemand »

My husband who was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure when he was admitted in the hospital last December of 2014 with only 40% of his heart working at that time. He has several things wrong with his heart. After that week in the hospital he was rushed back a week later suffering a TIA (mini stroke), & had to stay another whole week. The doctor told him he would never be able to work again for the rest of his life! Very traumatic for him, he has always been such a great provider of his Family and always worked every day of his life.
His whole life has had to change, which also has made him depressed because he is no longer able to do any of the things he used to do. He can't even go outside. He's been waiting for disability to have his heart surgery, because the dr's are waiting for him to get on Medicaid, so yea he's just been suffering & waiting it out doing the best he can for a little over a year now... We also have a 12 year old son together, who's life has had to change due to having no money anymore all of a sudden... & then the Worst news today is that Alabama power is about to turn our power OFF any minute now! Please help!
We have been waiting for his hearing so he can get his disability check & we was going to pay Alabama Power in full as soon as we get it. There was a life tag put on our power box by the power co last year, & they informed me today that they have removed it!? I understand we owe a large amount & haven't paid none of it... We had just made plans of just waiting till he got his disability check & was going to pay All of it when he got $$.
Him and I were both under the impression that they couldn't turn our power off due to his dangerous condition when they put the Life Tag on our meter... Maybe we're stupid. I sure feel stupid now, because they are talking to me like I'm stupid for thinking that! But believe me the plan was as soon as he got his check we were going to pay power. We're not just trying not to pay our power... We have had SUCH A rough, long, hard, BROKE YEAR, it's really sad.... We are so poor now, & before we were always financially taken care of. Please help my Family in this terrible moment of need.
Heretoball

Re: Power being shut off on senior with heart condition

Post by Heretoball »

I got a shut off on my electric and I have low income and I was on a budget of paying 53 a month and now they want me to pay 400 to turn it on when all I get is 290 a week. But I have had a heart attack recently. What can I do to get the power back on, can I be on a payment plan. I also live alone.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try an agency on aging center. They offer information on power bill and energy programs to seniors and the disabled. If you have a heart condition maybe you can also get priority for a government grant. Find the senior citizen financial aid programs.
Heretoball wrote:I got a shut off on my electric and I have low income and I was on a budget of paying 53 a month and now they want me to pay 400 to turn it on when all I get is 290 a week. But I have had a heart attack recently. What can I do to get the power back on, can I be on a payment plan. I also live alone.
Darsi

Post by Darsi »

My power will be cut off the 12 of this month. My husband abandoned us and I have no job yet he will not let them come back to me if I don't have power. I'm broke and my heart is broken from husband leaving. I have nothing. He e was the sole bread wine and he found another woman and left us. Now my power is fixing to get cut off the 12. I have to have help please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

you have a heart condition? Or your heart is "broken" as husband left. As they are a big difference. If really a medical condition, then use this for information on laws that may protect you. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... nnect.html
Darsi wrote:My power will be cut off the 12 of this month. My husband abandoned us and I have no job yet he will not let them come back to me if I don't have power. I'm broke and my heart is broken from husband leaving. I have nothing. He e was the sole bread wine and he found another woman and left us. Now my power is fixing to get cut off the 12. I have to have help please.