Disconnect for cancer patient

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Kellyey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disconnect for cancer patient

Post by Kellyey »

I lost my job in 2013 and was diagnosed with cancer so after and am in the process of trying to get SSI disability which means I am unable to work. In the meantime I am in current disconnect status on all of my utilities. I am behind on my rent. I am desperate to find assistance before I end up homeless. Can you please help?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disconnect for cancer patient

Post by Admin »

There are some agencies that help cancer patients pay their bills. They can often help fill the gap while waiting on SSI disability, so the funds can help pay for housing, rent, etc. Also, if you are in that rough of shape, Cancer Care Inc. is a great resource. So try them, and click here.
Flower1

Post by Flower1 »

Good afternoon, I'm writing you no on behalf of my mother. My mother got diagnosed with cancer last year and her power is now disconnect status. So, it got hard for her to keep up with her bills. Due to her copays When she goes to the cancer center every week. Her electric bill got behind she never told me. She's been disconnect without power for about a week. I have no way of coming up with the money. To get her electric power back on. With this crazy heat wave were having the house is extremely hot I have no money to pay for a hotel for her. Her electric Bill is close to $550. I just don't know what else to do for her. Please provide me with some Information and how she could apply for assistance. She is in Kendal county Illinois. Thank you have a great afternoon
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a community action agency in Kendall County. Maybe the cancer patient, or you can on her behalf, apply for a government grant for that electric bill. Also look into the non-profits that help with cancer patients.
Flower1 wrote: Her electric Bill is close to $550. I just don't know what else to do for her. Please provide me with some Information and how she could apply for assistance. She is in Kendal county Illinois. Thank you have a great afternoon
Oaker

Post by Oaker »

Hi, I am in need of help paying my utility bills but I don't know how or where to go to start the process of trying to get assistance for a cancer patient before utilities are disconnected. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and have cancer. Can someone help guide me in the right direction? I am close to losing my home and because I have small children with one on disability I need help fast. My energy bill and rent is past due every month since disability and 1 job just doesn't cut it monthly. If someone could just help me find the appropriate route to take to get assistance I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have cancer, and are struggling with your bills, then try disability. Also look into LIHEAP and ask your utility company about their options. All those may work for you. But look here for list of disability assistance programs.