Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Please help with electric bill

Post by Admin »

Why is the town trusteee office in Indiana denying you? Your request didn't make much sense. The town office is suppose to be the place to call for emergency help in Indiana for utilities, rent, and other needs. While of course what they can do is limited, they are still a leading option. Anyway, try also looking into more Indiana electric bill assistance programs and resources, including covering the town of Muncie.
ChristineLag wrote:Need help with electric bill. I am blind. Disabled. I live in Muncie Indiana. The well known resources. Example the trustee office is always deny help for me. Because of buying clothes. The Muncie mission. Have to go to the trustee office. Also goes for all the other help in this city. My electric is over 500.00 and i only get 674.00 a month. I do not have a computer. So i am very limited on my resources. I don't know what to do. I cant get the help i need. And energy assistance wasn't really a help. They cut back funding this year
merger_99

Post by merger_99 »

Hello:
I came across your site on the web and maybe you can help direct me. I am a Registered Nurse who lost her Nursing job about a year ago.. I have been able to pick up a little per diem work and not much more. Have sent out resumes for probably thousands of jobs, few interviews and right now without work at all. I know something is going to break, but hopefully not before I do. I live in Manhattan and am close to losing my utilities. I have a payment due for electric, but if i pay it i will not eat, phone and internet to go next. I have been struggling along, but now I am very hungry, tired, and weary. Imagine, an RN and can't find work. So, if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate. It is overwhelming trying to find resources and nooe calls you back. I thank you in advance for your assistance.
Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We assume you have Consolidated Edison, as they really focus on the greater New York City area. The health care and nursing industry is still hiring and growing, so you are right in that it should just be a matter of time. So look into the various Consolidated Edison utility assistance programs and options that are administered here. They have payment plans, government assistance, and options like LIHEAP too.
merger_99 wrote:Hello:
I came across your site on the web and maybe you can help direct me. I am a Registered Nurse who lost her Nursing job about a year ago.. I have been able to pick up a little per diem work and not much more. Have sent out resumes for probably thousands of jobs, few interviews and right now without work at all. I know something is going to break, but hopefully not before I do. I live in Manhattan and am close to losing my utilities. I have a payment due for electric, but if i pay it i will not eat, phone and internet to go next. I have been struggling along, but now I am very hungry, tired, and weary. Imagine, an RN and can't find work. So, if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate. It is overwhelming trying to find resources and nooe calls you back. I thank you in advance for your assistance.
Regards,
JessieMarie

Post by JessieMarie »

I am currently unemployed and taking care of my 4 months old baby. My boyfriend has been very slow during these cold months due to the type of work he does. In 2012 I was held responsible for a utility bill that was to be paid by someone else and I am struggling to make my payment protection payment every month. If at all possible I would like to get as much help as possible to pay off as much of this bill as possible. At this moment the bill is at $1537.79 and my protection plan amount is $241.00 a month. I am currently seeking employment and am not having very much luck. I need help asap to keep my power from being shut off and leaving me and my baby without power or heat. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you have a $1500 bill and no stable income coming in, sorry to say you will not have many options. How did you ever get to the point of having such an expensive bill? Honestly that amount is incredibly high. Anyway, no charity or agency will help with that. But feel free to explore our different programs. Learn more on the various utility and electric bill services.
Flipit

Post by Flipit »

Hello,
I am trying to find some kind of help for my electric and gas bill. I have a household of 5, 3 adults and 2 children (my grandchildren) under the age of 6 and my granddaughter has asthma really bad. I am the main provider. I pay all the bills myself and try to take care of everyone else in my family. I am getting to the point that I can't pay all my bills on time.
Can you please help me to find a pace that may help me?
Thank you.
LauraJane

Post by LauraJane »

My electric was disconnected about a week ago. Its in my landlords name and he said that he'd send the bills every month. In almost a year I've seen two bills, one for the month of January and the other for March. He was pretty good at calling to inform me of a disconnect notice, so that I could go make a payment that I could afford just to avoid shut off. Well this time he did no such thing and I'd even spoken with him twice the week before it was shut off.
The electric guy left a bill of what was owed. It stated that with connection fee $1,800. I couldn't believe it since in June my bill stated $500.00, a little more and after paying rent I always tried making a payment in if it as only $20.00. I have a 7 year old daughter in my home and it hurts that she's seeing me struggle. Her dad lost his job In May then got it back and lost it again.
I am working at a convenient store only getting 22 hours a week at $8 an hour. It comes to just enough to make rent. Her dad has been trying to find work but its very hard do to his whole right hip bone has died and now needs a full hip replacement so we are very much in need of help. I have gone to my local county office and was denied also to a state funded electric assistance program that's local and is called lakes and pines and they have no funding. So if there is anyway you could help me I'd be so thankful.