Please help with electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
sth_gal_82
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Please help with electric bill

Post by sth_gal_82 »

Hi
I am bethany nichols of jayess. Newly married last month and my husband has had to miss alot of work. our elec bill is behind and they cut it off on last fri. We need some assistance paying very badly i am 5 months preg and it is rough rite now i am working but only part time plz plz help us if u can we can pay half of it but need some help paying full amount. Our bill is 476.00 plus 25 to get it back on
helper

Re: Please help with electric bill

Post by helper »

What state? Try your states LIHEAP program. They almost all have a so called crisis component that will provide grants to pay a bill to prevent a shut off. Without knowing your state or county though I can't really post more specific info. Also of course call your utility company. Many will work with you, and also will not shut off service during winter time.
ddallas

Re: Please help with electric bill OK

Post by ddallas »

Need help with eletric,as of right now i have a temp protection from shut off from my power company in Oklahoma. Household income, with child support is 282.00 also my fianca is unenployed and he collects 134.00 a week. My home is in a loan modifaction program so i dont foreclose on it. Please help me. i do have two children 14 and 18 still in school hoping to enroll my 18 year old on colledge at Oklahoma state.Thank you, Dawn
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Please help with electric bill Oklahoma

Post by Admin »

For the lady in Oklahoma, try these options for electric bill help. There is a resource at the main site with many other options too.

Oklahoma Natural Gas utility company runs the Share the Warmth. Emergency cash assistance funds may be used to help pay electric bills as well as heating, propane, and other fuel types if it is the main source of energy used to heat the home. Apply at the nearest Salvation Army location that may be in your area. Or dial 1-800-664-5463 to learn more or find an agency.

Oklahoma Gas & Electric offers the Lend-A-Hand, which is really the same as the one from Oklahoma Natural Gas that is mentioned above. You can dial 405-840-0735.

Both of these utility companies also offer addition discounts on bills if someone is in the LIHEAP program. They offer up to an additional $10 per month credit on power bills.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
sam1

PG&E electric bill

Post by sam1 »

Hello,
I am in desperate need of help with my PG&E bill at this time in my life. I have no money - unemployment ran out in March 2010, have received a 48-hour notice, and PG&E will cut me off tomorrow. (I just checked). HEAP and REACH can't help right now with electric. REACH, because I do not have anyone in my house under 18 yrs. of age.
Can you help me by tomorrow?? I have never asked for anything like this before, but I am pretty desperate at this point, while I look for work.

Thanks you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: PG&E electric bill

Post by Admin »

Pacific Gas & Electric offers several assistance programs, including CARE program, which will, through the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) utility bill program, provide qualified and eligible customers receive a 20 percent discount on electric and natural home gas bills. Also ask them about the Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA), which helps people who do not qualify for CARE. Call them at 1-800-743-5000
sam1 wrote:Hello,
I am in desperate need of help with my PG&E bill at this time in my life. I have no money - unemployment ran out in March 2010, have received a 48-hour notice, and PG&E will cut me off tomorrow. (I just checked). HEAP and REACH can't help right now with electric. REACH, because I do not have anyone in my house under 18 yrs. of age.
Can you help me by tomorrow?? I have never asked for anything like this before, but I am pretty desperate at this point, while I look for work.

Thanks you so much.
Ninab

Post by Ninab »

Hi I been trying for at least three months to get help paying my electric bill I have made extension but fell short on paying them becasue I only work pt and my husband is disable, he only gets 667 from social security and I get 425 from my pt job. My rent is 850 a mo and my electric bill right now is 414 because I can never pay the complete bill. I have a $349 water bill as well. I was able to get my gas paid by one of the programs form the church. But I really need help to get my electric and water as it is cold and I really hate to be without heat, my husband disability requires heat, he crack his spinal cord and when its cold he has problems walking. I live in Ga Lithonia Ga 30058 Please tell me where I can get help I been trying but no luck. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well good you contacted your church. Always a good option. Here is a link for more programs in your county.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dek ... rogr1.html
Many utility companies will also offer special programs if a disabled family member. Call your company and ask them for help with energy bills.
Also, some other places to try include
Decatur Area Emergency Assistance Ministry/DEAM (phone number (404) 373-2300). They may have funds and aid for a financial crisis.
Decatur Cooperative Ministry, Inc. phone(404) 284-4411 runs a homeless prevention program, which usually includes money for paying utilities and energy bills too.
Ninab wrote:Hi I been trying for at least three months to get help paying my electric bill I have made extension but fell short on paying them becasue I only work pt and my husband is disable, he only gets 667 from social security and I get 425 from my pt job. My rent is 850 a mo and my electric bill right now is 414 because I can never pay the complete bill. I have a $349 water bill as well. I was able to get my gas paid by one of the programs form the church. But I really need help to get my electric and water as it is cold and I really hate to be without heat, my husband disability requires heat, he crack his spinal cord and when its cold he has problems walking. I live in Ga Lithonia Ga 30058 Please tell me where I can get help I been trying but no luck. Thanks
misti1773

Post by misti1773 »

My family needs help....today if any way possible. I am sitting at the window listening for the Entergy truck so that I can run out and beg him to give us through today. If there is anything anybody could do to help us it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state are you in and does Entergy service? Are you concerned about having your heat or power turned off? If so you do have right and there are laws in place to protect families and individuals from disconnections, in particular during the wintertime. HEre is an extensive listing of utility disconnection laws and regulations. They are all intended to protect consumers and other people to ensure they do not freeze, or if you have a medical emergency.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/uti ... nnect.html
misti1773 wrote:My family needs help....today if any way possible. I am sitting at the window listening for the Entergy truck so that I can run out and beg him to give us through today. If there is anything anybody could do to help us it would be greatly appreciated.
Redcolor

Post by Redcolor »

im from lake mary florida. I am trying to get assistance with paying my electric bill of 251.70. I was just infomed 3/10/11 that a payment that was made in October 2010 didnt go through. So my electric company wont give me an extension and my lights will be turned off on 1/14/11. I have a small child and cant have my lights disconnected. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mary Lake is in Seminole County Florida. Here is a listing of agencies and other places to turn to for financial help, grants, and aid. Try some organizations and non-profits like the Rescue Outreach Mission of Sanford Inc. (Phone 407-321-8224.) Many will have emergency aid, especially since you have a child. Another organization is the Christian Service Center for Central Florida Inc., and their phone number is 407-425-2523
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sem ... e_pro.html
Redcolor wrote:im from lake mary florida. I am trying to get assistance with paying my electric bill of 251.70. I was just infomed 3/10/11 that a payment that was made in October 2010 didnt go through. So my electric company wont give me an extension and my lights will be turned off on 1/14/11. I have a small child and cant have my lights disconnected. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated
Aflac

Post by Aflac »

Hello, I am trying to find some more assistance programs for my daughter and her family. They live in Cleveland county in Oklahoma. They have been calling agencies they know of and some churches to get help with the electric bill, which is due today. We have been trying to help them since end of June when daughter-in-law was hurt on the job and unable to work. She is not receiving any money and we have exhausted all of our funds at this point. They have 2 small children as well. We are certain this is all temporary and things will be back on track as soon as this Workers Comp is settled. In fact, we had thought it would have been over way before now. But suddenly we all find ourselves with our last dollar in site. Any suggestions for some emergency help would be so very much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is information for assistance in Cleveland County Oklahoma. So you may find some more agencies or churches that they can call which would be in addition to places they may have already tried. If you expect future income from workers comp, then just ask for a payment plan from utility company. Must will offer this if you just need a little more time to pay your electric bill.
Aflac wrote:Hello, I am trying to find some more assistance programs for my daughter and her family. They live in Cleveland county in Oklahoma. They have been calling agencies they know of and some churches to get help with the electric bill, which is due today. We have been trying to help them since end of June when daughter-in-law was hurt on the job and unable to work. She is not receiving any money and we have exhausted all of our funds at this point. They have 2 small children as well. We are certain this is all temporary and things will be back on track as soon as this Workers Comp is settled. In fact, we had thought it would have been over way before now. But suddenly we all find ourselves with our last dollar in site. Any suggestions for some emergency help would be so very much appreciated.
ChristineLag

Post by ChristineLag »

Need help with electric bill. I am blind. Disabled. I live in Muncie Indiana. The well known resources. Example the trustee office is always deny help for me. Because of buying clothes. The Muncie mission. Have to go to the trustee office. Also goes for all the other help in this city. My electric is over 500.00 and i only get 674.00 a month. I do not have a computer. So i am very limited on my resources. I don't know what to do. I cant get the help i need. And energy assistance wasn't really a help. They cut back funding this year