Son in law needs help with electric bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Sylvia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Son in law needs help with electric bills

Post by Sylvia »

To whom it may concern:
I am writing to you on behalf of my daughter and son-in-law. They have two children ages ten and fourteen - the ten year old was born with autism. They have had a very bad financial year and as of this moment are living with no electricity due to the non payment of their electric bill.
My son - in- law has gone down to his local community action program for help but was told that they go by a case by case routine so he may have to wait a long while until they can help. They owe a very big bill and are trying to pay as much as they can on it but with rent and other utilities they can only pay a minimal amount. They have asked about a payment plan but the electric company turned them down for one. I am not financially able to help much due to illness and hate to see my grandchildren living without electricity any longer. I am writing to ask you if you know of any other programs that you may know of to maybe help them out sooner. I thought that our electric company is supposed to help by making a payment program for their customers. My daughter doesn't know what to do and is desperate for help. We live in Rhode Island. If there is any advice you can give me to help them I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Lucy
anti spam: Blue

Re: Son in law needs help with electric bills

Post by Lucy »

To Whom it may concern,
Hello,       My name is Jennifer. I have a family of 4 with two small children who are 10 and 4 years old and I live with my son in law. I have been trying really hard to catch up on my electricity bill as soon as I pay one month off the next month comes in. We are always two months behind. I have looked in to getting assistance, but I have missed placed the paper that salvation army had given me. I can't seem to find it on the site. Can you please help me on how to get help with this? It is too hot to lose the electricity. We also have two cats, a dog, my son in law and fish that depend on this. I don't like asking others for help, but we are desperately in need. I have attached our FL bill to the email for easy access. Please send info that is needed to get assistance with our electricity.
Thank you ahead of time and thank you your time to read this. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Son in law needs help with electric bills

Post by Admin »

Good for you for keeping to pay, etc. But sounds like you are in that cycle...you can never get fully caught up with your electric bills in NM as always a month or two behind. Maybe a one time grant or payment relief would help, and find the options here at New Mexico utility bill assistance programs.
Lucy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:27 pm To Whom it may concern,
Hello,       My name is Jennifer. I have a family of 4 with two small children who are 10 and 4 years old and I live with my son in law. I have been trying really hard to catch up on my electricity bill as soon as I pay one month off the next month comes in. We are always two months behind. I have looked in to getting assistance,