Behind on utilities because my husband is an alcoholic

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Draghi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Behind on utilities because my husband is an alcoholic

Post by Draghi »

Good Morning,
I have 3 children. I live in Auburn, ME. My current electric bill is 1097.00. I owe 2 months on my car loan that I cannot afford to pay. I am searching for employment and have had several interviews. My husband spends all of our money on alcohol and other things all for himself.
My kids and I are going to be moving shortly, but in the meantime I cannot afford my car loan payment or my electric bill and I am in danger of having these things taken or shut off. If my car gets taken, I cannot go to work or interviews. Please I am begging for any help I can get. Thank you for listening and caring.
Oaker

Re: Behind on utilities because my husband is an alcoholic

Post by Oaker »

I am trying to find out if you have any programs that can help my alcoholic husband and I pay our rent and utilities. We are waiting to find out if he gets his disability, and this has been going on for 7 years. Our light bill this month was 335.00 and so the rent is coming up 475.00.
I am paying all of the bills and unexpected things have happened in the last two months, and we are behind on everything. Please let me know if there is anything available for us, our county has no money available to help pay light or utility bills, I already tried. My husband cannot work so we live off my income.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Try this for your state of MS and utility bill help. Also, try to get rehab for your husband. While no one can ever force someone to change, maybe encourage him to get better.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nergy.html
Clipperrs

Post by Clipperrs »

Hello....I have a daughter who has 2 small children and is married to an alcoholic...a week ago their electricity got turned off and not a single person will help them...she just lost her job and her husband is working part time ... they are a low income family and really struggling to make ends meet. She has tried getting help from DSS and Catholic Charities but they say they cannot help her.....she is very stressed out over this especially with 2 little kids and no place to turn to for help as the husband is a dead beat drunk...please if there is anything you can advise for me to tell her or any way you can help them it would be so greatly appreciated.....thank you so much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Alcoholism can ravage and break up families as we know. Hopefully he gets help or she starts fresh with someone or somewhere else. But try these for utility bill help, as there are resources out there.
Clipperrs wrote:Hello....I have a daughter who has 2 small children and is married to an alcoholic...