Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Beactive
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Central air conditioner

Post by Beactive »

Hello,
I hope you are well. I am currently in a quandary due to the fact that I had two, death---defying bouts of pneumonia, and MRSA, within a 15 month period.
This culminated with me having to have the most painful surgery known to man called a "Thorocotomy Surgery,” which was an 8 hour plus surgery, in which they had to remove a little more than one third of my liver. (I am a nonsmoker also.)
Currently, my quality of life is at a Zero%!
I have "End Stage COPD,” as well as a breathing capacity of only 40%.
I do receive SSDI, and unfortunately, I am not able to earn any kind of income, due to my health.
I am writing this email to ask if someone could help me out with a major issue that directly affects my health, and that is the fact that we had a Plumber come to our home on this past Thursday, and informed me that our central air conditioning is totally shot, and needs a whole new unit, or a Compressor?
The total price he would have to charge us would be $3000.00.
I wanted to know if someone could be so kind, and see if there would be any assistance in helping my family, and I, out with this monumental problem?
I think he said that we have the original unit which means it would have be all the way back from 2001.
I realize millions of Americans live without Central Air Conditioning, but given my situation, and my awful breathing, I am petrified to think of not having it for the heat this summer?
**Another issue is the fact that our electric bills with "PPL," are, and have been an astounding average of approximately $350/month for both the summer, as well as the winter for numerous years.
Chad45

Re: Central air conditioner

Post by Chad45 »

I haven't had an AC unit now for over 3 months because I can't afford it and now the summer is coming. I have 2 children and I am freaking out I been out of work because of medical reasons. So if someone can please let me know if there anything out there I can do. Pease tell me thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some charities offer air conditioners, such as box systems that go in a window. You can also apply for LIHEAP, which may offer help for cooling bills or pass out a free unit too. Any assistance is very limited, and no one will pay for a new central AC system as those are very expensive. But maybe fans, window units, and the like are options for you. Locate other cooling programs for the disabled and seniors.
Twig

Post by Twig »

I am in dire need of a new central air system. I have an autistic son and I receive no help for that. I tried to apply for some different loans and I was not approved. The heat in my house is very hot in the summer. I can't apparently afford to repair this with cash. if you know of any assistance programs that help Arizona residents please give me a call or email me back at the same address. I need this ASAP!
Luke Bryan

Post by Luke Bryan »

Hi. I live in Toledo Ohio. I heard from someone that you guys can help with free air conditioners for people who don't have them. My husband isn't working and hasn't since February. I am on social security disability of 744 a month and 615 goes for rent.
Medicaid I have to pay 80 dollars for. And we don't get any other help. We have a house right now we are renting. We have a 9 month old and nine in the way. We have no central air and no window air conditioners and no money to buy any. Yesterday it got to 90 degrees in our house. Today its noon and already 77 and climbing. If you can help or know someone who can please.
Magic

Post by Magic »

I read online that maybe you can help with central air conditioner cost. I live in Pennsylvania. I’m a single mom with two children who was recently unemployed. I live in an apartment complex that does not provide air conditioning. I live on the 3rd floor so it’s currently 90 degrees in my apartment. The problem is I must have a special kind it’s called a casement air conditioner or a portable air conditioner. If you can guide me to help I would greatly appreciate it.