Elderly mom needs heating oil

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Betty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Elderly mom needs heating oil

Post by Betty »

Hi,
I just moved into a place in Hagerstown, MD. She is on Social Security and I'm on disability and SSI that is the money
help we receive, we also are getting help with rent by way of Section 8 housing.
I called a oil company to get heating oil into the house before winter to especially keep
my elderly mom warm, and their budget was $198.00 a month that is way more then we can
pay. My mom gets $1030.00 and I get $878.00 a month. So we after paying other things are
not able to pay that price.
I was looking on the website but there are so many places to get help I have no idea where
to start is there anyway you can point me in the right direction so I can help with getting oil into
the home.
I appreciate your help in this matter
Thank you.
Preta1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Elderly mom needs heating oil

Post by Preta1 »

I live in Irvington Alabama and I am an elderly mom with many grand kids. I have been on medical leave for 11 weeks due to a hernia. Alabama power has disconnected my power. I live in a mobile home and need heating oil. I have called all the agencies 211 has given me. Mobile Community Action had a recording wanting you to call on 06/28. I called them on 06/28 at 8:02 AM. The recording stated to call back on 07/26 for August appointments. I cannot do anything to get the heating oil due to hernia. Walking from my door to my vehicle makes the hernia try to come out of the tear that surgeon will repair. The Hospital keeps cancelling the surgery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Elderly mom needs heating oil

Post by Admin »

Since you need free heating oil, is for this year or next? Either way, there may be some non-profits and government benefit programs. Of course they are limited in what is given to heat your home, but look into them here at free heating oil services. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _fuel.html