Turning on power services

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Direct1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Turning on power services

Post by Direct1 »

Hello, I need some assistance in turning on my electric and gas. I have a baby that's due in a week and the gas and electric company aren't letting me turn on service. They want me to pay previous bills that were on the house from previous tenants. My mom owned the house and she recently passed on. I feel what they are doing isn't right. I can't live in a house with no gas or light on. I really need help.
Barby

Re: Turning on power services

Post by Barby »

Hi,
To whom it may concern,
I am reaching out on behalf of myself and my family. I own a small business that was greatly impacted by covid 19, I have attempted to catch up my Dominion energy account through continually setting up payment plans and other options. But our power was shut off and now I need help turning it back on.
We missed one of the payment plan payments due to other financial issues and they are now asking for a large amount to reconnect or turn back on our power.
Our power was shut of as of 1 week ago, after missing one of the payment plan payments, with a total due of $3,500. I reached out to Dominion energy, but In order to return service, they are asking for $1,700 of that. Which, at this time, will be extremely hard for us to come up with. We have three children, ages 5, and 2 year old twins. It is getting into the 90 degree range, and we cannot keep groceries or cook. Please let me know what we need to do in order to possibly request assistance in catching up this bill.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turning on power services

Post by Admin »

Since you are in debt to the utility company and are apparently broke, yet having a new kid in a week, you need a heck of a lot more than just power. Sadly the baby will be suffering from day one since you are having a kid being financially unstable. You will need to start a whole new life...do something drastic like move back home, go to a transitional home, live with friends or relatives, etc. But as far as turning on your power (which is not the solution) look here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... money.html
Direct1 wrote: Fri May 15, 2015 4:38 am Hello, I need some assistance in turning on my electric and gas. I have a baby that's due in a week and the gas and electric company aren't letting me turn on service.