Broken air conditioner

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Kapernick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Broken air conditioner

Post by Kapernick »

Hi my name is Victoria and I am in desperate need for someone to assist my daughter and her family. She is married and has 4 children. My daughter is a dental student and only source of income is from her husband. They are financially broke and unable to pay their monthly bills. Their air condition at home broke and only have 2 fans on their home windows.
Bryanna Wilson

Re: Broken air conditioner

Post by Bryanna Wilson »

Hi,
I live in Panama City, Florida. My central air conditioner went out on us last night. I have my 67 year old mother that is physically disabled that lives with me. She has many health problems and cannot stand the heat. I am working but all my money goes to bills for the house. Is there anything that you can do to possibly help us get some window air conditioners or maybe can find someone that won't charge me an arm & leg to fix the central unit that we have now? Please help!! I do not know of any places that might can help me. I found your site online.
You can contact me any time after 11 am at this number. Thanks in advance for what you can do to help. Have a blessed day.
Redwine

Post by Redwine »

Our air-conditioning is out and we will have no heat this fall. Unit went out is un repairable and I Cant get any financial help. Went bankruptcy last year so cant get help. Unit is 20 years old so of course it broke,
We need help but no one has financing and I tried many companies. We Live in Fort Worth TX, Tarrant County. No one has contact info. We may have to find an apartment and foreclose on home to get through this. Do you have any routes I can take to get this broken air conditioner fixed as we don’t have any funding.
Betty Jo

Post by Betty Jo »

Hi. I have a single parent that lives alone in her home and her Air Conditioner recently broke down. It’s completely out of order and she was told it would cost $4,000 to repair.
She is very low income and cannot afford that and they do not allow payment plans.
I told her to get a second opinion, but do you know of any other programs that can help her to either repair or replace her AC? She is over 65 and has a small animal in the home and she will surely die of heat stroke living in that place if she isn’t helped soon.
Thanks for any help you can let me know about.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$4000 does sound pricey to get a repair. As who knows how long it will last? It may be better to take that cash and put it towards a new air conditioner. Or any money that the single parent may have to their name.
As far as other options, look here for air conditioner assistance, including free units. Or some charities may also give out box fans or other cooling help.
Betty Jo wrote:Hi. I have a single parent that lives alone in her home and her Air Conditioner recently broke down. It’s completely out of order and she was told it would cost $4,000 to repair.
She is very low income and cannot afford that and they do not allow payment plans.