Looking for utility help in Kansas before cold weather sets

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Almost fell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for utility help in Kansas before cold weather sets

Post by Almost fell »

Needing help with Kansas gas bill. It has been disconnected and I broke EPP and now they won't I am needing gas back on ASAP before cold gets here and so we can take hot shower and baths and not have to go to my parents every night. Please and thank you.
sasolis

Re: Looking for utility help in Kansas before cold weather s

Post by sasolis »

You are posting this in April for cold weather? I would think you have at least 5 months before it gets cold (maybe longer) to get this paid up and straightened out. If you broke EPP they will want all of their money and probably a large deposit. You need to borrow from family or see if they can help out. Funds are so limited you need to do what you have to in order to pay your bill.
Piven

Post by Piven »

I live in Wichita Kansas and my lights were turned off. I cosigned for someone and now I'm stuck with a $750 bill I can't afford. I live by myself so rent plus my bills it's hard to maintain plus I have a dog and in this weather he can't survive in a hot appointment. I'll leave my information with you in hopes I'll get some kind of assistance. It will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe the most immediate program in Kansas is LIHEAP. It is a federal grant service in which money is allocated for heating bills and gas costs. Most of the LIHEAP funding is paid out for the winter, so that sounds like it fits for what you needs are. Locate the ways to apply here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... izati.html
Cameroon

Re: Looking for utility help in Kansas before cold weather sets

Post by Cameroon »

I live in Ottawa, Kansas and am in dire need of some help with my rent and utilities. I am a single mom of 4 kids and have a full time job. Two of my kids live on their own. I only make a maximum of 1,000 a month. My rent is $500 a month and my utilities are high. My electric and water is through the city of Ottawa and my bill is over $300.00 and my gas bill is around $136.00 through Kansas Gas Service.
Any help or information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I have only asked for help 3 times in the past 20 years. I only ask for help if I'm completely desperate and out of ideas. Thanks so much.
Passion

Post by Passion »

Hello, I am trying to find help with a utility bill that is in danger of being shut off. I have never been in this situation before and not sure what to do. I know the center of how is available but I have been unable to reach them through phone and I was unable to make the walk in due to reemployment testing I was completing on that day that was scheduled for 3 hours but took all day. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I am in Haysville KS Sedgwick County. Thanks for your time.
lp141

Post by lp141 »

I'm a divorced, disable women. My total monthly income is $630.87, I have an outstanding electric bill of $1030.90 owned to KU. This is from the winter bills, it also includes the bill owed this month.
I have no way of ever being able to get this caught up. My doctor has been sending KU a letter to keep them from disconnecting my service. My health is not good and my insurance hasn't paid for some of my prescriptions. I'm truly at a loss for how I will be able to pay this bill. I sincerely need help, would appreciate anything you can do for Me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Almost every utility company in Kansas offers energy bill help. Call customer service (along with your doctor) and go over the situation. But you need to be involved in the process too.
lp141 wrote:My doctor has been sending KU a letter to keep them from disconnecting my service. My health is not good and my insurance hasn't paid for some of my prescriptions.
RINA ELLIS

Post by RINA ELLIS »

Yes I live in LITTLE RIVER Kansas 67457 and I need some help getting my lights back on and keeping my water on. I have no job right now but I am looking there is no place in my County that can help me/ I have asked all the churches here I've even talked to the Salvation Army and there is no place that can help me get my lights back on and keep my water. I have no food in my house other than canned goods. I have no gas for my car. I am in desperate need of some help please. If you know somebody that can help me please help.
My address is Little River Kansas 67457.
KhrisDavis

Post by KhrisDavis »

My son lives in Topeka Kansas. He lives in an apartment with his girlfriend. They both have lost their jobs and trying to make ends meet. He told me last night he has no electricity and their apartment is all electronic. Can you help get his electric and utilities turned back on? He told me that they owe quite a bit.
Please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Another option for the state of Kansas is the HeatShare program.
But if you both lost your jobs, you will need to address that too. Heatshare may be able to help you get your utilities back on. But if you have all those electronics in your apartment, you need to conserve. Learn more on the Kansas Heatshare program.
KhrisDavis wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:06 am My son lives in Topeka Kansas. He lives in an apartment with his girlfriend. They both have lost their jobs and trying to make ends meet. He told me last night he has no electricity and their apartment is all electronic. Can you help get his electric and utilities turned back on? He told me that they owe quite a bit.
Please help!